Notices
ECU Flash

new live map app

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ziad
jamie.. this version does not have the VDR stuff... basically havent really been able to do much for a few weeks, as i am working and got a new baby that apparently likes me to spend time with him

one i get time and hookup the gui to the code behind (currently using hardcoded values for my car). i will post up (version 0.3) with vdr, hopefully a slightly faster drawing rate for map tracing and AFR map tracing. it could be a month+ though.

Just the knock trace in the timing map makes this worth using. I have eliminated almost all of my knock on spoolup and in WOT in very little time. I can't imagine how much better this could get. The logging rate is ridiculous as well.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

thanks mate, ur comments make it all worth it
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Oh man this is really cool. Can't wait to try this.
Get someone to incorporate this into V7 for our roms! And SD while your at it too.

Last edited by SyZyGy1394; Mar 11, 2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Gonna go try this with 96532706 today. I'm trying to dial-in my Idle ISC steps on my Evo8 ECU powered 1G DSM and wondered how I should go about adding the ISC tables for live adjustments? I'm super new to this live-mapping stuff so I apologize for the noobiness,lol. Gimme a week and I'll be caught up with you guys (except how to create the software of course,haha).

EDIT:
So I just can't seem to figure out how to get this to work. I enabled .net 3.5 framework on my W7, flashed the l2r99gst 96533706 live mapping MAF ROM on the car, chose the pre-loaded 965307nonSD selection, start the car, press START and then nothing. I'm sure there is more to this but that is where I am currently and have no idea where to go from here. Advice?

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Mar 13, 2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For your question about moving maps to RAM. I have posted that a few times in some threads. It's not difficult, but definitely tricky the first time you do it. But, you do need IDA Pro to look up the map pointer. I think it may be easier if you just tell me what map(s) you want moved to RAM and I can tell you how to do it with ECUFlash and the provide the defs. If you want to search, I think I have some instructions posted in the 96530706 + Livemap +SD working thread from a while back. The basic steps (going from memory) are:

1. Copy the original ROM map and map header into an empty space of the alt maps space. Note the position in the alt maps space where you are copying the map, as this will be the new RAM address for the map that needs to be configured in the LiveMap app. The alt maps space for this ROM starts at FFFF A000, so you can easily calculate the address for the area that you are using.
2. Change the pointer in the ROM that points to the original ROM map address to the RAM address that you copied to in #2. This makes the ECU use the RAM map instead of the orignal ROM map. (This is what you need IDA Pro to find out).
3. Configure the LiveMap app for your new RAM table.

For your issue with the app not working, I was going to say that I will email you my XML files, but decided against that, since my ROM is most likely way different than yours in the RAM space, etc.

Did you read through post #1 by ziad and post #5 by me in this thread? Did you make sure the DMA protocol is set in the XML file that I noted in post #5? What error are you getting, if anything?

Last edited by l2r99gst; Mar 13, 2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

check the error... what is it?

u could try clicking on reset DEAD.

lastly u are not using OP2 cables are u?? as the program does not work with OP2 cables.

Last edited by ziad; Mar 13, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ziad can you explain or do you have the evaluation formula to get the MAP request to read out as PSI instead of kPa? Id mess with it but i dont wanna screw **** up...lol

Last edited by Dyrexion; Mar 13, 2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

mate i dont have the formulas for whatever map sensor u are using (and it will change) so check the formula from evoscan. i do know 100kpa is 1bar which if i remember correctly is 14.5psi. so simply X kpa= X/14.5 PSI

anyway just a generic example to illustrate how livemap can evaluate an expression. lets say MAP is gotten from RAM MUT4.
in the request ID put 4.
for kPa in evaluation function put: (x*0.17573)*6.8947
for PSI in evaluation function put: (x*0.17573)-14.5

the kPa above will give absolute, so will need to subtract 100 (atmostpheric presure) from it to give u what boost its running. but seeing the above is for a SD car and load corresponds to kPa I did not subtract the 100 from it. in the PSI based below i subtract 14.5 which is the normal atmospheric pressure.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Is there any information on how to take a working ROM and enable it for live maps?

Why I ask:

I'm currently running Phenem's 96530706 from the V7 thread.

I tried switching to l2r99gst's 96532706 for live maps, but the tables don't match up. It seems some tables exist in Phenem's that don't exist in l2r99gst's, and the other way around. This could be that they're just named and grouped differently, but I haven't been able to get everything to match up.

I tried my best to make what I could find match what I already had, but the car won't start and it's fuel related.

What I did find, is that the Maf sensor filtering for all roms I've used has Hi = 192, Lo=217.

In l2r99gst's, this comes set Hi=24, Lo=5. Way different.
If I change this to match my original settings, the car doesn't start.

If I keep this, but change my other settings to my original working settings, the car will start but is pig rich. STFT maxes out to -25. What this setting actually does I have no idea.

Am I wrong in thinking I've got a better shot at making my current ROM live maps enabled?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:49 PM

mate i dont have the formulas for whatever map sensor u are using (and it will change) so check the formula from evoscan. i do know 100kpa is 1bar which if i remember correctly is 14.5psi. so simply X kpa= X/14.5 PSI

anyway just a generic example to illustrate how livemap can evaluate an expression. lets say MAP is gotten from RAM MUT4.
in the request ID put 4.
for kPa in evaluation function put: (x*0.17573)*6.8947
for PSI in evaluation function put: (x*0.17573)-14.5

the kPa above will give absolute, so will need to subtract 100 (atmostpheric presure) from it to give u what boost its running. but seeing the above is for a SD car and load corresponds to kPa I did not subtract the 100 from it. in the PSI based below i subtract 14.5 which is the normal atmospheric pressure.
Thats fine, i can work with that. Thanks!!
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Seijuro
Is there any information on how to take a working ROM and enable it for live maps?

Why I ask:

I'm currently running Phenem's 96530706 from the V7 thread.

I tried switching to l2r99gst's 96532706 for live maps, but the tables don't match up. It seems some tables exist in Phenem's that don't exist in l2r99gst's, and the other way around. This could be that they're just named and grouped differently, but I haven't been able to get everything to match up.

I tried my best to make what I could find match what I already had, but the car won't start and it's fuel related.

What I did find, is that the Maf sensor filtering for all roms I've used has Hi = 192, Lo=217.

In l2r99gst's, this comes set Hi=24, Lo=5. Way different.
If I change this to match my original settings, the car doesn't start.

If I keep this, but change my other settings to my original working settings, the car will start but is pig rich. STFT maxes out to -25. What this setting actually does I have no idea.

Am I wrong in thinking I've got a better shot at making my current ROM live maps enabled?
It sounds like you have an XML issue, either in the table names or scalings somewhere. I think phenem put together those XMLs, so maybe ask him about it, or just do what you stated you were doing....go through the XMLs and make sure your scalings all match and the table names match, etc.

I don't know how phenem packaged the ROMs for the different downloads, but the LiveMap ROM should just be the base ROM with the LiveMap patch added.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
It sounds like you have an XML issue, either in the table names or scalings somewhere. I think phenem put together those XMLs, so maybe ask him about it, or just do what you stated you were doing....go through the XMLs and make sure your scalings all match and the table names match, etc.

I don't know how phenem packaged the ROMs for the different downloads, but the LiveMap ROM should just be the base ROM with the LiveMap patch added.
EDIT: I don't think the LiveMap ROM is just the base with the patch, it seems far too deviant from everything else I've seen.

I removed everything I put before because I think it belongs in the v7 thread not here, and I don't want to distract from my original question anyhow.

How can I patch a 0706 ROM that I have that works well, to be a 2706?

Last edited by Seijuro; Mar 14, 2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

mate that is a xml issue only, from phenem. if u really want one set of values just copy the parts that are different to the SD rom's XML. and the values that work.

basically the 96532706 is a 96530706 with the livemap patch applied. apart from that they are the same. you can keep the values from 96532706 and run your car (preferably, as some values are fixes for issues) or if ur car was running properly on 96530706 copy those values to the new rom.

or u can look for l2r99gst V7 thread on instructions on how to patch ur current rom to enable livemap.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

mate that is a xml issue only, from phenem. if u really want one set of values just copy the parts that are different to the SD rom's XML. and the values that work.

basically the 96532706 is a 96530706 with the livemap patch applied. apart from that they are the same. you can keep the values from 96532706 and run your car (preferably, as some values are fixes for issues) or if ur car was running properly on 96530706 copy those values to the new rom.

or u can look for l2r99gst V7 thread on instructions on how to patch ur current rom to enable livemap.
I'm not going to SD yet, this is just v7 MAF versus v7 MAF + DMA.

I wish I could just copy over the data in my tables. That was my intention. My problem is that 0706 and 2706 don't actually have the same tables.

I did not know 2706 contained "fixes" though. Unfortunately I can't start with the values in 2706 and tune from there, because I'm doing all this in a 1991 Eagle Talon. My injectors are different and my MAF is very different.

I'll see if I can find the info on how to patch my current ROM, I've been looking, and I'll keep looking.

EDIT: I found a solution in combining elements of the 2706 xml with the 0706, and then using the 2706 ROM. Details are here. However, those steps should no longer be necessary as Phenem restructured the xml deployment such that this should no longer be an issue.

Last edited by Seijuro; Mar 15, 2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Gonna go try this with 96532706 today. I'm trying to dial-in my Idle ISC steps on my Evo8 ECU powered 1G DSM and wondered how I should go about adding the ISC tables for live adjustments? I'm super new to this live-mapping stuff so I apologize for the noobiness,lol. Gimme a week and I'll be caught up with you guys (except how to create the software of course,haha).

EDIT:
So I just can't seem to figure out how to get this to work. I enabled .net 3.5 framework on my W7, flashed the l2r99gst 96533706 live mapping MAF ROM on the car, chose the pre-loaded 965307nonSD selection, start the car, press START and then nothing. I'm sure there is more to this but that is where I am currently and have no idea where to go from here. Advice?
Hey Jamie, I had similar issues that I ended up solving. Open the settings.xml, and change the logging directory to an actual folder you can log to. Then go to the current ECU hex file location and enter the location of your current ROM hex file. Save, and begin having fun tuning with it.

Quick Reply: new live map app