Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good stuff Aaron!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
Good stuff Aaron!
Yeah its pretty dumb how easy it is, I have no excuse for being 2.5 years behind the 8 ball. Kind of like when I waited 3 months before I started doing SD, as soon as I did it I didnt want to go back to MAF cars. Expect an announcement tomorrow of us getting into the ACD flash business

Aaron
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

dope... I may have to hit you up for one, will I have to do one of the modded 1.3 cables to flash it? I have read through the thread a bit, but it has been a while...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Bench Harness and an OP2 from what I gathered...and did. I am just a benchharness making fool these days, Evo X, ACD, and a multi purpose 8/9 bench harness is my next project.

Aaron
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:28 PM
Account Disabled

LOL, I only made one bench harness, to un-brick a X MR ecu... what a pain...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Evo X was easy when I found a factory harness end The ACD wasnt too bad when I realised I looked at the diagram in a mirror. 8/9 harness I can do in my sleep, just lazy and dont want to hack an otherwise good harness. Looking for a Mitsu harness that has the right ECU plugs to cut out that isnt from an Evo. IX is easy thats a Lancer Auto...looking for a 2G harness for the Evo 8.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaron,

Let me know if you need any tips or tricks for the mapping- be glad to help a bit

Matt
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Cool

Thanks man

Aaron
Old Sep 4, 2013, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
bringing back from the sorta dead, did this ever go any further?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 07:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
bringing back from the sorta dead, did this ever go any further?
Plenty of ACD tuning options out there at the moment and I'm currently working on providing 6 maps on 1 acd module. Think of it as 'alt maps' on the ACD module- cool stuff.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Originally Posted by ACD Tuning
Plenty of ACD tuning options out there at the moment and I'm currently working on providing 6 maps on 1 acd module. Think of it as 'alt maps' on the ACD module- cool stuff.
well i saw your post about that and i think that is great. but i meant custom tuning at home of the acd ecu did that stop being developed.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 03:56 AM
sba
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6 maps in 1 acd unit i have for 1,5 years already. But nobody is paying for it...
Old Sep 6, 2013, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sba
6 maps in 1 acd unit i have for 1,5 years already. But nobody is paying for it...
People are waiting to do it themselves....

Especially something that impacts handling which seems to have changing needs even more than retuning for weather.

I want to tinker. I want to go drive and hit a corner. I want to pull over then try to dial out the negative qualities of that corner. I may want to do this 50 times to get that one corner just right.

I may want to play with adjusting ACD lock for fuel economy. Kinda like a setting that minimizes friction losses when I'm not trying to be competitive... (Think times when ASC is on and just cruising)

The value of self tuning is what initially brought me to the Evo. I hated being forced to pay others to get every little tweak. Then they argue with you about what you want and refuse to let you tinker.

I'd rather buy an M800 Motec and use their diff controller ($$$$) before paying even $100 to get some guy to give me 6 ACD maps. Why? Because I'm not locked out of the former. The latter is a money pit that never ends. Change tires, new tune. Go from 18's to 17's and now the ACD tune is off again. No. Plus I'd get nothing but flack if I tried to retune the ACD for anything other than motorsport use (i.e. fuel economy).

Figured I'd be honest about why I'm not biting.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I pretty much agree sticker shock! The acd pro unit is 450~ a tick over 2 maps and less than 3. Nearly 2/3 cost of 6 maps.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by acidtonic
People are waiting to do it themselves....

Especially something that impacts handling which seems to have changing needs even more than retuning for weather.

I want to tinker. I want to go drive and hit a corner. I want to pull over then try to dial out the negative qualities of that corner. I may want to do this 50 times to get that one corner just right.

I may want to play with adjusting ACD lock for fuel economy. Kinda like a setting that minimizes friction losses when I'm not trying to be competitive... (Think times when ASC is on and just cruising)

The value of self tuning is what initially brought me to the Evo. I hated being forced to pay others to get every little tweak. Then they argue with you about what you want and refuse to let you tinker.

I'd rather buy an M800 Motec and use their diff controller ($$$$) before paying even $100 to get some guy to give me 6 ACD maps. Why? Because I'm not locked out of the former. The latter is a money pit that never ends. Change tires, new tune. Go from 18's to 17's and now the ACD tune is off again. No. Plus I'd get nothing but flack if I tried to retune the ACD for anything other than motorsport use (i.e. fuel economy).

Figured I'd be honest about why I'm not biting.

You misunderstood sba. He was one of the guys that did all the breakthroughs for ACD tuning. Check back in this thread. He did everything along with a few other guys for free. Something like tephra for the ecu roms. Some people took advantage of the open source community and started charging for these ACD tunes as if it was of their own creation. That left sba and others that actually put some grunt work into making this possible with no $ for their work (though they never were expecting it) and they watched others make profit off their work. Thats when this thread went dead cold because I'm sure no one wanted to publish any more work that would get stolen and used for profit.

Its like if tephra did all that work on the open forum with others, then someone came in and took the roms and codes, methods of tuning it, etc. and started charging for not only the tune but the rom like it was their own original creation (similar to ecutek).

Quick Reply: Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash