Notices
ECU Flash

Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bbarnhill
Hey thats better than Wizzos junk ... just kidding.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would a swift kick to the junk cheer you up?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Woa! Hopefully I didn't do something wrong to **** u off. I'm just joking with u also.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Graphed my car this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Now that I finally fixed my cutout issues I can get back to tuning again but this is the first full clean pull post troubleshooting and correction. This is how the car has sat for a while but various issues stopped me from going any further so I am excited to push it a bit more.

Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Here is my current graph. I turned the boost down and backed the timing off just to be safe. End of May early June I should have some new numbers up with the new motor. Shooting for 600whp and 500tq. Will see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software-vddynograph.jpg  

Last edited by wizzo 8; Apr 2, 2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Big graph
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Wizzo ... son you didnt **** me off. I was kidding. I have a very dry sense of humor.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by itzwolf
Graphed my car this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Now that I finally fixed my cutout issues I can get back to tuning again but this is the first full clean pull post troubleshooting and correction. This is how the car has sat for a while but various issues stopped me from going any further so I am excited to push it a bit more.

not accurate. trim the rpm to 7500 then it should be ball park.. torque doesn't go up and down like that. especially at redline.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Here is my current graph. I turned the boost down and backed the timing off just to be safe. End of May early June I should have some new numbers up with the new motor. Shooting for 600whp and 500tq. Will see what happens. Sorry for the thumbnail. I dont know how to load a big picture.
Very nice! now I need a black
Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
not accurate. trim the rpm to 7500 then it should be ball park.. torque doesn't go up and down like that. especially at redline.
My car spins up to 9500, the AEM log was trimmed accordingly already before importing to Virtual Dyno, changing smoothing the numbers dont really change, its the first clean pull since fixing other issues, timing changes as boost fell and its more agressive at lower boost levels, its ramped strong in the high rpm areas, and my car is a little sensitive for AFR changes with e85 from initial tuning references and as noted in this graph as it richened power fell off (and boost slightly increased) and as it stablized the power start climbing/holding again.

I'll be sure to fine tune it and eventually post another graph when I get a chance to work on my car some more. It literally stays parked in my garage nearly all the time.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by itzwolf
My car spins up to 9500, the AEM log was trimmed accordingly already before importing to Virtual Dyno, changing smoothing the numbers dont really change, its the first clean pull since fixing other issues, timing changes as boost fell and its more agressive at lower boost levels, its ramped strong in the high rpm areas, and my car is a little sensitive for AFR changes with e85 from initial tuning references and as noted in this graph as it richened power fell off (and boost slightly increased) and as it stablized the power start climbing/holding again.

I'll be sure to fine tune it and eventually post another graph when I get a chance to work on my car some more. It literally stays parked in my garage nearly all the time.
When using AEM logs in VD, you can skew the results depending on the transfer rate you export the log to .csv.

I believe the best option to use is 20hz, but ill have to recheck.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Mar 25, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
Wizzo ... son you didnt **** me off. I was kidding. I have a very dry sense of humor.
Ok good. I have no intention of making anyone angry.

This is why my power drops at the end of my run. About the 6800 rpm area. I think Brad is fixing this for the new version coming out.

Originally Posted by gialla
Very nice! now I need a black
Yes I love this turbo. Its works and sounds awesome!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Im fixing what? Did I already fix it in the beta?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mt057
Here is my most recent dynojet dynograph with the same mods except for a Spoolin Up COP for comparsion. I installed the COP after having troubles on the dyno that day. The operator did not record my first two runs and the third had horrible miss fires. You can see the miss fires in the massive dip at where my peak torque would have been. There is no power drop at 6600-6800 rpm.

Here is another dynograph. This one is with the stock intercooler (I have a 3.5" ETS now) and my old tune so I made less power, but the power drop still does not happen at 6600-6800rpm.

I thought you were going to fix this issue with the next release? Not sure about the beta
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Brad fixed the issue. I thought that I already posted up pics of the dynographs while using 1.09...

I am loving the new versions. Thank you again Brad!

Last edited by mt057; Mar 25, 2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Ok well the latest version available to everyone is 1.08. Yes some people have "pre-production" versions which have this issue fixed but not everyone. Thats why I said Brad is in the process of fixing this with the new version that will be coming out. I dont know maybe I should start keeping my remarks to myself in this thread.

Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software