Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 06:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pug206
Can someone make a graph of my car?

I can not use Virtual Dyno

Is Evo IX in 4ª gear wheels with 17 " driver 100kg (220.5 lb)

Thanks!

The file
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1RLMZD0
Give me the exact tire size and email your log(s) to jay@boostedtuning.com and Ill run it though VD for you.

Also, is it a 6sp or 5sp?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbarnhill
That is more than likely a string of data in your file is not able to be converted to a number at some point. Send me your log and Ill find it and let you know. Its easy for me to find it if I run it through the debugger, as it tells me exactly what string broke it.

bradbarnhill at hotmail com
cool, email sent

Thank You!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Give me the exact tire size and email your log(s) to jay@boostedtuning.com and Ill run it though VD for you.

Also, is it a 6sp or 5sp?

Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hiya everyone !

Is it possible to log with evoscan while doing a real rolling-road type dyno run and then open the log in "virtual dyno" ?
Is it supposed to gave me approximately the same result ?

I tried it and those curves are all messed up in virtual dyno but I think the rolling-road was the problem, I then did a 4th gear run on the road and the results where more realistic and curve was fine.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pug206
Returned your emailed w/ dyno chart
Old Jan 5, 2011, 01:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kakihara
hiya everyone !

Is it possible to log with evoscan while doing a real rolling-road type dyno run and then open the log in "virtual dyno" ?
Is it supposed to gave me approximately the same result ?

I tried it and those curves are all messed up in virtual dyno but I think the rolling-road was the problem, I then did a 4th gear run on the road and the results where more realistic and curve was fine.
"real dynos" don't load the car the same as if you were on the road with wind resistance etc... so the results will look strange usually.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
"real dynos" don't load the car the same as if you were on the road with wind resistance etc... so the results will look strange usually.
Not only that, but dynos (at least over here) are also braked... This way running up that one gear takes longer, which in turn makes the measurement more accurate... Since VD is based on time vs rpm that obviously wouldn't work anymore...

Last edited by germanracing; Jan 5, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

just used your software for the first time with AEM V1. works GREAT! boost plot worked good.
are you planing on making the O21 channel from the AEM log show as A/F on the VD. i tried but could make it work. had some error message. great job and thanks for the hard work. donation coming soon.......
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Send me your log and let me see the column name and Ill see if it works. Hurry Im about to release 1.0.8 soon so if you want it out in it please send it fast.

bradbarnhill at hotmail com

Originally Posted by browningderek
just used your software for the first time with AEM V1. works GREAT! boost plot worked good.
are you planing on making the O21 channel from the AEM log show as A/F on the VD. i tried but could make it work. had some error message. great job and thanks for the hard work. donation coming soon.......
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for the reply Mellon Tuning @ germanracing, much appreciated

I guess I'll have to try on another "real" dyno cause I'm pretty sure that Virtual dyno by Brad Barnhill here is more accurate than the crappy one I just went to.
I'll post a comparison screenshot reality vs virtual dyno when I have done that.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Kakihara ... physics is physics ... and if the user doesnt cheat ... the flat physics dont lie.

Keep us posted and I look forward to your comparison post.

Thanks for the support,
Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by germanracing
Wierd:

If I load a file that includes the spool-up (in addition to the top-power part) it tells me my car has 30hp...

If I cut that part from the file and ONLY load the top-power part it's 300hp (still not accurate but I only got my cable 2 days ago and only have 1 ****ty log)...

Am I missing something? Shouldn't it show the biggest power achieved during the run?

I spent over half an hour trying to figure it out but I'm still at square one...
Hey Brad! I figured out why it didn't work for me and a friend of me!

When you go into windows control panel, then Region and Language, then additional settings on the first page:

In germany and much of Europe we use a comma as our decimal symbol and a dot as our digit grouping symbol, the exact opposite of the US...

Is there any way you could account for that in the next version of Virtual Dyno? That way we can go back to our native comma...

Bonus graphs from my other thread, yellow is my old MIVEC map, every other pull is with my NEW MIVEC map.

Thanks for the prog, only been using it on 2 days and already relying pretty heavily on it!
Attached Thumbnails Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software-more-pulls-copy.jpg  
Old Jan 9, 2011, 07:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
EDIT: nevermind. vehicle weight was higher on other prog.. i guess its a real drop in power.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jan 9, 2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by germanracing
Hey Brad! I figured out why it didn't work for me and a friend of me!

When you go into windows control panel, then Region and Language, then additional settings on the first page:

In germany and much of Europe we use a comma as our decimal symbol and a dot as our digit grouping symbol, the exact opposite of the US...

Is there any way you could account for that in the next version of Virtual Dyno? That way we can go back to our native comma...

Bonus graphs from my other thread, yellow is my old MIVEC map, every other pull is with my NEW MIVEC map.

Thanks for the prog, only been using it on 2 days and already relying pretty heavily on it!
I think Ive already handled this in 1.0.8 Id be glad to let you try it so you can see. But PLEASE let me know if it works.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
I think Ive already handled this in 1.0.8 Id be glad to let you try it so you can see. But PLEASE let me know if it works.
Sure thing... Do you mean as a beta or when it releases? Either is fine for me... Cheers for the hard work!

Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software