Notices
ECU Flash

Mfg Injector Latency vs What we use

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mfg Injector Latency vs What we use

So I am getting ready to install a set of RC 750's in the Evo. I requested the latency values from RC Injector and got the following:

Again these values are directly from RC injector. I plugged these values into some curvefitting software and got this 2nd degree polynomial as the best looking fit:

Using this equation I generated values for the voltage range we see by default in the Evo ECU. I also searched the board and found 3 other sets of values people were successful using in their Evo's with the RC 750 injectors. All that combined give the following table and graph:

So how do we end up with values in the Evo ECu that are sooo far from what RC injector has for their injectors? I have a friend who is a very successful DSM tuner and works with DSM Link and Megasquirt a lot. He just enters the values from RC Injector.

Of particular concern is how far off the numbers are at 14 volts which should be real close to normal operating range. The lowest value of the 3 sets I found on EvoM was 0.624 ms at 14.06 volts while RC Eng gives a value of 0.18ms at 14.00 volts. That's a huge discrepency.

My curiosity is up.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:28 PM
kpr
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've noticed this also, Just got ID1000 and what people are running are nowhere never what Injector Dynamics sent me. I'm like you, Which one to use. I put in the ones from Evom and the cars runs fine, but would it run even better with the mfg recommmend?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ecu's injector drivers have their own latency and voltage drop that is added to the injectors latency.

The newer plastic case ecus(98+ Evos) actually have much better(less latency) drivers then the metal case ecus(95 DSMLink). They are MOSFET drivers versus Darlington Pairs. So I don't know why your friend has success using RC's numbers.