Notices
ECU Flash

Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Klaiceps
If your tuner was able to dial in your friend's car perfectly but can't do yours, you might want to check other things on your car before going to another tuner. Check your fuel system, sensors, boost leaks, etc. There could be another problem that is making your car act weird. Worst case scenario would be to go to another tuner who won't be able to fix your drivability issue due to an underlying problem.
While this is entirely possible, this is the last thing I would think is causing my issues. I boost leak tested the car for a couple weeks (yes weeks) to fix any and all issues found, we checked compression and scoped the pistons, new plugs, injectors were cleaned, etc. Again anything is possible but I doubt it's mechanical.

Another reason I don't believe it's the vehicle is all of my exact issues have been present on other Evo 8's, and only the 8's, when switching to Speed Density. The 9's do not have it, which is why my friends runs great.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Hi ,

I just converted to SD car starts up fine and runs well on stock VE map.
I have been reading this thread till page 21 and i have a few questions to clear my confusion.

1. I am logging 2 type of Loads from Evoscan (i) LOAD CALCULATED (ii) MAP Kpa using formula x*1.6334-43.75 request id 38

Which Load should i follow to Edit VE table ? and which load should i follow to edit Ignition timing and fuel map ?

2. If i keep Kpa to load 1:1 till the HIGHEST LOAD in the table , load logged will match the load on VE table as well as the Ign timing and fuel maps ?

3. As per ROADSPIKE, if i de-linearize the Kpa to load table and log both loads they wont match up.
So , in this case which load should i follow to edit VE and which load to Edit Ign timing and fuel map ?

Tips to setup Map volts to Kpa Table and KPA to LOAD table would be great...
Old Oct 18, 2016, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by wolgy88
Hey guys, I know this specific thread isn't very active anymore but I've been searching all night for information on the issues im having with my SD Tune on my Evo 8 and it led me to this thread, hoping I can get some help.

I'm on SD Rom 94170115 and am experiencing a lean condition at take off. I've read quite a few threads on this issue but they're all quite old and don't have a definitive fix. This lean condition happens when taking off from a stop, if I let the revs fall below or near say 1200rpm it goes full lean on my AEM wideband and the car just chugs unless I shove the clutch in. I can rev it high or ride the clutch quite a bit to get around this issue but it's rather annoying, especially when trying to take off fast for traffic.

My second issue is a stutter between say 2000rpm-3000rpm when cruising at light throttle essentially in any gear. If I'm increasing speed with more than light throttle it's not really present. Again I've read others with this same issue but the threads were old and had no definitive answer. I notice when this stutter happens the AFR's blip lean on my widebane, like 15.6afr or so and only for a split second. When the stutter happens I can not only feel it but I can hear it, the exhaust note/engine sound changes briefly.

3rd "issue" is that cold start is rather rough. For the first 10 seconds or so it's nice and smooth and idles around 1500rpm and then like a light switch it'll go real lean, then start to correct and go rich, then go lean, then rich, etc and seems to misfire while doing this. It does this for about a minute then just idles around 1400rpm until it's at temp.

For the record, I'm not tuning the vehicle but a friend who's a reputable builder/tuner is and he's never ran into these issues, im only his 2nd SD tune I believe. I'm just looking for insight to pass along to him.
I wanted to update on this incase anyone else has a similar issue. I had my car retuned by another tuner this past weekend and all of my issues are gone, it's a night and day difference and it feels like a new car. Along with injector scaling and other issues, it was noted that the previous tuner used an older SD 1.0 ROM which doesn't have nearly as much adjustment as the newer 2.0 ROM.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wolgy88
I wanted to update on this incase anyone else has a similar issue. I had my car retuned by another tuner this past weekend and all of my issues are gone, it's a night and day difference and it feels like a new car. Along with injector scaling and other issues, it was noted that the previous tuner used an older SD 1.0 ROM which doesn't have nearly as much adjustment as the newer 2.0 ROM.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SiriusEvo
Haha thanks Mike!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hope everyone has a happy holiday season!
has anyone had any updates w these roms? jitters? ipw? anything? or has everyone quit doing speed density conversions?........it's been a quiet thread. i'll never go MAF again! hahah
Old Dec 18, 2016, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sandman121383
has anyone had any updates w these roms? jitters? ipw? anything? or has everyone quit doing speed density conversions?........it's been a quiet thread. i'll never go MAF again! hahah
I am using this ROM.

I have couple of questions.

Map volts to kpa and Kpa to load , how much these affect closed loop fueling under 100 Kpa ? Experiencing lean condition and + O2 feedback.

Increasing these 2 will richen the Closed loop fueling ?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mines5
I am using this ROM.

I have couple of questions.

Map volts to kpa and Kpa to load , how much these affect closed loop fueling under 100 Kpa ? Experiencing lean condition and + O2 feedback.

Increasing these 2 will richen the Closed loop fueling ?
hey i'm at work but i can offer some advice maybe later on. just keep in touch incase i forget.

what i can tell you right away before i get into too much detail is too make sure your map sensor is chosen. (ie are you using an evo x , or gm, or whatever). then check the voltages to make sure they're correct. then we can address your fuel mix and how its affected...and by what.

when i get my laptop with my tuning software i can load it up and give you some direction!

Happy Holidays!!!!
The following users liked this post:
mines5 (Dec 25, 2016)
Old Dec 26, 2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by sandman121383
I have this running sorta in my 1G. Im trying to get this running correctly and in the mean time use my Haltech Spring ecu while messing with this. Im having issues with fueling. Im using a 4Bar and have the scaling set, Im using 1680 injectors on 93 for now. I was having issues with lean tip in but seem to have that figured out. Now its the VE side. I have increased VE from 100Kpa and up the car went from sorta lean to even leaner. I adjusted it more and the car went leaner. Ill dive into checking setting more but seemed like a very weird issue. The haltech works fine so its nothing motor, Electrical or fueling. I have both on a patch harness to the stock harness So im able to swap between the two
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WobbleWobble
I have this running sorta in my 1G. Im trying to get this running correctly and in the mean time use my Haltech Spring ecu while messing with this. Im having issues with fueling. Im using a 4Bar and have the scaling set, Im using 1680 injectors on 93 for now. I was having issues with lean tip in but seem to have that figured out. Now its the VE side. I have increased VE from 100Kpa and up the car went from sorta lean to even leaner. I adjusted it more and the car went leaner. Ill dive into checking setting more but seemed like a very weird issue. The haltech works fine so its nothing motor, Electrical or fueling. I have both on a patch harness to the stock harness So im able to swap between the two
Please read first 2 pages and the last 11 pages of this thread.

you will get the hang of it.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Look in the "important" threads sticking in this forum. You'll see links to two SD threads. One is mine.
I'm trying to establish the correct scaling/values for the SD MAT scaling table myself and the values seem to make no sense with TempScaleFuel selected and if I select TempScale, the values look like they could be more 'appropriate' but I'm not sure.

The tempscale setting won't take either if I save my file. Next time I open Ecuflash, it's back to TempScaleFuel settings. I wish I knew what values were correct for the tempscalefuel table.

If you mean the thread where you link the jcsbanks sd patches in the important sticky in this forum, the links are all dead.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)-screenshot-24-.png   Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)-screenshot-25-.png  
Old Mar 14, 2017, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Any one still playing around with 3d VE rom ?

Got a few questions i want to ask..
Old Mar 15, 2017, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
yes i am actively using it.
i had it all going great but the load was always way higher than ve in boost which made the timing table not line up at all with ve, which was confusing to tune. I found out the maf compensation supposedly still affects fueling so i started raising that table above 1200hz and reducing my ve table and now load and ve are lining up a little better but im still retuning it all and my old timing table is causing huge knock. im having to start over a lot of stuff from scratch but it should make for a cleaner tune in the end. i hope.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
yes i am actively using it.
i had it all going great but the load was always way higher than ve in boost which made the timing table not line up at all with ve, which was confusing to tune. I found out the maf compensation supposedly still affects fueling so i started raising that table above 1200hz and reducing my ve table and now load and ve are lining up a little better but im still retuning it all and my old timing table is causing huge knock. im having to start over a lot of stuff from scratch but it should make for a cleaner tune in the end. i hope.
yes , matching the load is the hard part. You will feel slight hesitation while going from vacuum into boost .
This is not the case with all the roms. 96534706 is different ,so is 905567 .

Can you share your map volts to kpa and kpa to load tables?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

still using it...but we have 3 feet of snow outside so the racecar is parked. no tuning for a few weeks yet. my 3d sd rom is good except for the "jitterbug" and when i'm holding consisntent steady throttle that is not WOT i get some knock....so thats its either timing or fuel, just a hole in my VE map most likely...it happens as i "squeeze" on the gas during spool at low-mid range rpms. but once she spins up it has solid AFR and all is good.

anybody have any success trying to figure out the jitter issue. since some poeple w other roms claim to not have it.....we have to be missing something small someplace.

Quick Reply: Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)