ECU Flash

bought evo, Rom on car

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by b16a2delsol
I hope you haven't floored it lol.

Just like others have said go back to stock ASAP!

I'm surprised he didn't just try to make a Smiley face out of the cells.
I have floored it :-/, if If I hadn't, the guys at the dealership sure did. looks like I'll have a project tonight. so which vac line goes to the top part of the solenoid and which goes to the bottom ? is it wastegate to the top or the bottom
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bvasquez12
I have floored it :-/, if If I hadn't, the guys at the dealership sure did. looks like I'll have a project tonight. so which vac line goes to the top part of the solenoid and which goes to the bottom ? is it wastegate to the top or the bottom
I believe the Turbo and wastegate are Y'd together. Then they go to the bottom of the solenoid and the top of the solenoid is sent to the intake.

But if you already have a mbc just turn it down two lbs and flash a sticker back on.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:15 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'd make sure that timing map is defined properly before altering it....
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b16a2delsol
I believe the Turbo and wastegate are Y'd together. Then they go to the bottom of the solenoid and the top of the solenoid is sent to the intake.

But if you already have a mbc just turn it down two lbs and flash a sticker back on.
the thing is the mbc is rusted solid. idk if I can manage To turn it. if so how do I know how many lbs it's been adjusted with each turn ?

I'll post the map before flashing it to make sure it's defined
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the thing is the mbc is rusted solid. idk if I can manage To turn it. if so how do I know how many lbs it's been adjusted with each turn ?

I'll post the map before flashing it to make sure it's defined
You have to boost. So yeah get back on the stock solenoid and flash a new rom
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Okay i fixed the above mentioned definition errors, and this is what shows up, compared to a stock timing map this doesnt look too bad to me, but like i said im not a tuner so what do you guys think?

should i still revert to stock maps? what does the infamous block of 8s mean?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like a map now.

I was correct that you had the block O 8's tuning method I would get this retuned as soon as you can. This tuning method is sloppy and knock prone I wouldn't do this to a customer car.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Looks like a map now.

I was correct that you had the block O 8's tuning method I would get this retuned as soon as you can. This tuning method is sloppy and knock prone I wouldn't do this to a customer car.
so I'm still losing power but it's drivable right ?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The sea of 8's means that blatant block of 8* of timing on the right side of your map. It is overadvanced in many load/RPM areas, very knock prone, and potential to spin a rod bearing (if you're lucky) if you beat on it long enough.

Just get it retuned properly. Start with stock maps. It's not that hard to tune yourself if you have the ability to log with a Tactrix cable. Plenty of people here will help you along the way.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so I'm still losing power but it's drivable right ?
I would expect so these kind of tunes seemed to rely on the knock sensor timing adjustment from what i recall so they never end up as advanced as a good solid map and thus lose power.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
roadspike linked me here in hopes to help the guys block tune. bvasquez12 if you have a tactrix cable and evoscan and a loggable wideband i can fix you remotely.. if not you can purchase it from me. just let me know.

if it wasnt for roadspike id still be duh'ing about how to tune speed density.. he was of great help and is very knowledgeable in general.

btw thanks roadspike
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

no wideband at the moment. don't know if I should buy one since I'm gettin tuned in a couple of weeks. I do have a Tactrix cable and Evo scan though. so should I just leave it as is until I get a tune ?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
no wideband at the moment. don't know if I should buy one since I'm gettin tuned in a couple of weeks. I do have a Tactrix cable and Evo scan though. so should I just leave it as is until I get a tune ?
i was offering you my tuning services.. if you're not gonna do a remote tune then you dont need to buy a wideband or any of that stuff. just make sure whoever is doing it knows what they are doing. either way though, its still good to have a wideband.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
roadspike linked me here in hopes to help the guys block tune. bvasquez12 if you have a tactrix cable and evoscan and a loggable wideband i can fix you remotely.. if not you can purchase it from me. just let me know.

if it wasnt for roadspike id still be duh'ing about how to tune speed density.. he was of great help and is very knowledgeable in general.

btw thanks roadspike
Someone is finally learning speed density

Mikey
Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
i was offering you my tuning services.. if you're not gonna do a remote tune then you dont need to buy a wideband or any of that stuff. just make sure whoever is doing it knows what they are doing. either way though, its still good to have a wideband.
I'm having a reputable tuner in Texas tune it, so this current map can stay or should I go back to stock.

Quick Reply: bought evo, Rom on car