Notices
ECU Flash

Anyone else using a MAC to tune with Ecuflash??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone else using a MAC to tune with Ecuflash??

Just like the title says guys, is there is anyone else out there using a Mac to tune with?? Is it true non of the loggers like mitsu-logger and evoscan doesn't work for a Mac??

Thanks Alex
Old Jun 16, 2011, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

I use bootcamp with an XP partition and it works great.

I haven't tried it yet on the mac side with parallels or VM wear emulators yet.

Athanasios
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:15 AM

I'm using VMware Fusion to run EvoScan and ECUFlash on windows 7. Works fine, I just cant stand Windows.....

I have the OSX version of ECUFlash, just havent needed to use it since I installed Fusion.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I wish EvoScan would make an OSx version. They are porting to the iPad soon so I don't see why it can't be done.

Athanasios
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nashou66
Yeah I wish EvoScan would make an OSx version. They are porting to the iPad soon so I don't see why it can't be done.

Athanasios
^^I cant wait, I use bootcamp on my macbook pro to run ecuflash and evoscan with no issues, but I want to delete my macbook all together and just use the iPad so badly
Old Jun 16, 2011, 02:15 PM

I use bootcamp with an XP partition and it works great.

I haven't tried it yet on the mac side with parallels or VM wear emulators yet.

Athanasios
Pardon my ignorance but what is bootcamp?? Do you have windows on a Mac??

Originally Posted by Buddlight
I'm using VMware Fusion to run EvoScan and ECUFlash on windows 7. Works fine, I just cant stand Windows.....

I have the OSX version of ECUFlash, just havent needed to use it since I installed Fusion.
Evan can you please clarify more about Vmware fusion please. We might have to meet up if your free to discuss this more.

Thanks

Athanasios
I'd so buy an Ipad just for that. lol

Originally Posted by mclaren
^^I cant wait, I use bootcamp on my macbook pro to run ecuflash and evoscan with no issues, but I want to delete my macbook all together and just use the iPad so badly
I guess I'll have to find more about bootcamp and I should be good.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Yep Bootcamp is an apple program that allows you to create a separate partition on your mac and then load and install Windows on that partition. Upon Start up of the Computer you hold down the alt key and two hard drive images come on screen . here you choose which Operating system you want the computer to bootup in.

Athanasios
Old Jun 16, 2011, 04:44 PM

Awesome thank you so much for the fast reply Athanasios, I really apperciate it man. I'll have to make a trip to best buy later tonight and check it out.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Bootcamp is usually on the OSX disk. Its free. But you have to buy a copy of Windows XP or 7 etc.

Athanasios
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
most of the necessary tuning software is pc only, so windows is a necessary evil. boot camp or vmware are good options. i prefer the handiness of having a dedicated windows laptop.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:53 PM

Bootcamp is usually on the OSX disk. Its free. But you have to buy a copy of Windows XP or 7 etc.

Athanasios
Originally Posted by mrfred
most of the necessary tuning software is pc only, so windows is a necessary evil. boot camp or vmware are good options. i prefer the handiness of having a dedicated windows laptop.
Thanks guys... I think I might just buy this cheap laptop on craigslist for cheap instead of going through all that haha. I'm lazy lol.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 907dsm
Thanks guys... I think I might just buy this cheap laptop on craigslist for cheap instead of going through all that haha. I'm lazy lol.
That's what i did initially, but the cheap pc i bought was too slow. My brothers friend had an extra license for VMWare and I bought Windows 7 then installed to my mac. Nice thing about VMWare is you can run windows and OSX at the same time instead of having to boot to windows at startup. Don't know if it's the same for bootcamp or parallels but with VM, i can share files across windows and OSX. Also, I only use windows to run EcuFlash, EvoScan and Virtual Dyno, dont wanna catch a virus

Like the others said, EvoScan will be coming out for the iPad and iPhone 3GS/4....

Let me know if you wanna check out the setup I'm running...
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:05 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by Buddlight
That's what i did initially, but the cheap pc i bought was too slow. My brothers friend had an extra license for VMWare and I bought Windows 7 then installed to my mac. Nice thing about VMWare is you can run windows and OSX at the same time instead of having to boot to windows at startup. Don't know if it's the same for bootcamp or parallels but with VM, i can share files across windows and OSX. Also, I only use windows to run EcuFlash, EvoScan and Virtual Dyno, dont wanna catch a virus

Like the others said, EvoScan will be coming out for the iPad and iPhone 3GS/4....

Let me know if you wanna check out the setup I'm running...
Well the funny thing is I know where you live lol. I used to be really good friends with Jake Pike I guess he lived down the block from you?? IIRC. but yea I'd like to check out what you have and how it works whenever your free. Btw happy fathers day guys
Old Jul 17, 2011, 03:45 PM

Hi guys

Hi guys, just had my car tuned at English Racing
and I have a mac- trying to figure out the best/cost alternative approach to switching maps on my car.

is fusion and buying windows the way to go
or should I just invest in a cheap notebook- I don't know if any of these come with windows pre-installed-
thanks again for any advice
cheers for now,
Jim
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:51 AM

Honestly I was in the same position should I go out and buy an affordable laptop or stick with I have??? I went with stick with I have for the reason being to run windows on a mac isn't hard at really, just by the software as mentioned above and start tuning. <<< Not in that order but you get the picture lol.

Quick Reply: Anyone else using a MAC to tune with Ecuflash??