Notices

who would pay for a

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
A question to those that have used this tool so far.

I press the button to bleed the ACD, steering wheel is at zero degrees. I open the ACD bleeder and the fluid dribbles out very slowly. I can't hear the pump turn on when i crack the bleeder.

I do the same thing on the AYC side, and as soon as i crack the ayc bleeder, fluid gushes out like an anime hentai tentacle ****.

Is my ACD ****ed? Or is that normal?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
A question to those that have used this tool so far.

I press the button to bleed the ACD, steering wheel is at zero degrees. I open the ACD bleeder and the fluid dribbles out very slowly. I can't hear the pump turn on when i crack the bleeder.

I do the same thing on the AYC side, and as soon as i crack the ayc bleeder, fluid gushes out like an anime hentai tentacle ****.

Is my ACD ****ed? Or is that normal?
This was my exchange with Tephra awhile ago about this:

"Tephra, trying to bleed the center diff in my X using your tool. With the wheel at 0 degrees, I click "start ACD bleed" and I hear the pump kick on for maybe a second then it shuts off. Is it not supposed to run continuously? Thanks"

"It runs just enough to pressurise the system.. Mine runs for a few seconds the first time but then nothing the next time"

Hope this helps you.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shomesomesho
This was my exchange with Tephra awhile ago about this:

"Tephra, trying to bleed the center diff in my X using your tool. With the wheel at 0 degrees, I click "start ACD bleed" and I hear the pump kick on for maybe a second then it shuts off. Is it not supposed to run continuously? Thanks"

"It runs just enough to pressurise the system.. Mine runs for a few seconds the first time but then nothing the next time"

Hope this helps you.
Mine does the same on the ayc and acd. The thing that concerns me is when i crack the bleeder, the fluid barely dribbles out. Very different than the AYC bleeders that gush fluid as its obviously under serious pressure. Its almost like the acd doesn't continue to pump after the bleeder is opened.... like there's a clog or something.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 06:05 AM

Mine does the same on the ayc and acd. The thing that concerns me is when i crack the bleeder, the fluid barely dribbles out. Very different than the AYC bleeders that gush fluid as its obviously under serious pressure. Its almost like the acd doesn't continue to pump after the bleeder is opened.... like there's a clog or something.
Wish I could help you more. It's been so long since I bled mine and just don't remember how it acted.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just following up: can anybody confirm if this is normal for the ACD pump to flow much less than the AYC pump when bleeding?

I am considering doing a relocation but want to hear how it's worked for others.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 08:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gfro1234
Just following up: can anybody confirm if this is normal for the ACD pump to flow much less than the AYC pump when bleeding?

I am considering doing a relocation but want to hear how it's worked for others.
To turn on the acd circuit, you have to hit the button, then turn the steering wheel, just like you do with ayc except it doesnt matter which direction you turn.

Service manual says how to do it.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Solarwater
To turn on the acd circuit, you have to hit the button, then turn the steering wheel, just like you do with ayc except it doesnt matter which direction you turn.

Service manual says how to do it.
acd bleed instructions say nothing about turning the wheel. In fact it says explicitly to keep wheel at 0 degrees steering angle. Are you saying the instructions are wrong?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 06:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
From the 2010 service manual. Start at straight ahead, and then rotate one direction or the other to turn on the pump.

I have done this successfully, how I did it was wheels straight ahead, engage acd bleed with software tool, gradually turn wheel I believe about 90 degrees, then get under and open the bleeder. Fluid now comes out fast, so make sure you keep the reservoir filled.

Old Oct 26, 2015, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

hah! I was reading the wrong instructions. That's likely my problem. Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Getting an application error with the software. Tried PM'ing tephra but his inbox is full. I paypal'd him before for the software years ago, not sure how to follow up and get current software or a fix to the issue.

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2016, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

I would like to purchase the ayc/acd software you have for the evo x. We have a shop called Superior Speedwerks and did not want to hassle with the mut 3 tool from all the nightmares people seem to have, especially at the cost of the unit. I did not see your paypal address in the signature line, so if you could direct me on where to send payment I will do so promptly.

I appreciate your time, thank you!
Bradley
Old Jul 6, 2016, 03:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
guys - you can email me directly... <myforumname>@gmail.com
Old Jul 11, 2016, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
guys - you can email me directly... <myforumname>@gmail.com
Sent you an email
Old Aug 1, 2016, 08:56 AM

could anyone tell me whats the centered value on wheel angle? I think mine is off.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 04:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
it should read 0 or -0 when at the straight ahead position.

if its reading 360 or -360, AND your motor has been out (or steering column on hooked) then it wasn't put back on correctly...

be VERY careful, you will damage the clockspring if you dont fix it correctly...
The following users liked this post:
lapoune (Aug 2, 2016)

Quick Reply: who would pay for a