Notices
ECU Flash

ecuflash & evoscan files

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ecuflash & evoscan files

I just wanted confirmation/clarification on basic files important to ecuflash and evoscan. I see a lot of posts that ask questions that center around this detail(s). Ecuflash has a changed a bit since my last serious involvement about 4 years ago, so I have been reading my brains out to relearn and catch up.

First the relatively obvious one, but just to clarify for anyone when posts refer you to edit your evoscan data.xml file they are referring to this one file. In my case, Evo9 MR, I am using the Mitsubishi MUTII EFI file. Its often the case the posts won't tell you exactly the file, because they are assuming you know which file you are using as the basis for evoscan settings. They will usually just state something like: 'in your evoscan "data.xml" file'

For the ecuflash my clarification is wrapped in a question. I often still get confused how these 4 files work together. I may have missed it in the "how to tune an evo threads and videos" so I thought it was worth a post and an easy answer by a guru. Here you see four files, and i am editing the 885900015.xml when a posts tells me to 'edit your ecuflash Rom xml'. I have frequently gotten versions of definition mixed up and placed overlapped inducing ecuflash errors for tags I already had in the xml(s) somewhere.

The focused question here would be, Do you ever edit the evo9base files, and if so which one do you chose and why?

Any file clarification form a gurus would be great for us trying to follow with you.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I tried to figure this out by trial and error. I reviewed every value in ecuflash and could see that only the 88590015.xml and evobase9_20081101.xml file were referenced. So by this I am assuming the "evobase" files are cumulative over time, in that the next newest one is used as the base, so that you don't effectively reference all of them.

any guru please confirm. {thumb up}

I also setup a "_mod" file to house all of my additional table definitions and scalings. This on the suggestion of fostytou some time ago to help manage all the mods one might make and to be able to move and copy them around between versions.

One of the difficulties I am having is when reading older posts to rebuild the defs I had previously I add the tables and then find that some of them have been included already, so that the posts are slightly outdated in that the posts all assume the base files don't have this information. But, they may actually, so you need to review the existing file first.

Is there any complete/comprehensive list of table additions per mod somewhere, I haven't found? That would be a great sticky. All the possible ROM mods by name with their associated table defs, hex, values, and if applicable, evoscan mods.