Notices
ECU Flash

CAN Bus sh7052/sh7055

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2023, 04:07 AM

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
CAN Bus sh7052/sh7055

At one time I studied the datasheet for the processors, installed in the control units, I was pleasantly surprised.
Processor SH7052 (evo 7-8, lancer 9 and other similar cars on the mechanics), has: 5 hardware UART channels + 1 CAN channel.
SH7055 processor (evo 9, evo gta, airtrek, lancer 9 at, galant at etc on automatic), has: 5 hardware UART channels + 2 CAN channels.

From the factory, usually one UART is used for the K-line (firmware download, diagnostics) and the second UART for the exchange with the immobilizer unit. Also in rare exceptions a third UART is used on Australian MAGNA (some information for the at gearbox and traction control unit).

Well, the CAN bus kept me busy 😁
I found the right pins for tx\rx CAN. In order not to solder the CAN transceiver in a fly, I called the board tracks (in case there is already an area where you can solder the CAN transceiver with a bundle). And oh wonder, once again Mitsubishi engineers have taken care and made the groundwork for the future.

Also was bought a simple adapter a la CAN hacker, so you can hook up to CAN bus and see what comes from the ECU, as well as send the data back to the unit.
https://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail...02/2/h-125.jpg

I have written the CAN bus code with a dozen functions (sending 3 boxes + receiving 2 boxes). The frequency of sending packets is 200 times per second.
https://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail...02/2/h-126.jpg

CAN bus packets via purchased adapter
https://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail...02/2/h-124.jpg

This video shows the process of receiving 3 packets from the CAN bus and logging K-line at the same time

This video shows the process of sending two packets to the CAN bus and K-line logging at the same time

Thus we got a full-fledged CAN with the ability to connect various devices (EGT to CAN, electronic dash, PDM, keipads, etc.)
The following 2 users liked this post by pisyakot:
CDrinkH2O (Jun 18, 2023), HyperDisorder (Aug 16, 2023)
Old Aug 16, 2023, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I was day-dreaming about DBW throttles then stumbled upon your video for DBW throttle on Youtube, then realised that I completely missed this thread of your here on Evom! This looks so cool - did you use this CAN bus comms to connect to your DBW throttle?

For what it's worth, one Evo X test mule was an Evo IX with all of the X's ACD and AYC wizardry installed on it (e.g. had the braking AYC ability). I always wondered what engine ECU they used for that car, given that the X's ACD ECU uses CAN bus comms to the engine ECU. Sounds like they could have been using a modified Evo IX engine ECU. Your CAN bus mod would surely open up the world of mods for CT9A Evo's to be able to implement Evo X features? I know this is easier said than done, given all the hardware that would need to be transplanted.

Unrelated, have you installed a DBW throttle on to a manual Evo? If so, have you implemented rev-matching on downshifts? I saw in your Google drive that you have implemented flat foot shifting, but assume that is for upshifts only?