Notices

omni 4 bar setup?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question omni 4 bar setup?

Im in need of a little help guys, Setting up this Omni 4 bar on rom id 55570006 is kicking my butt! LOL I started with a tephra xmod rom for this 2010 X.
I installed the 4 bar map sensor and changed the settings under "Omni 4 bar boost" to the correct settings for Omni 4 bar. With the key on, engine off, im seeing -2.4 psi via evo scan mode23 logging.

So my question is, did I setup the sensor correctly in the rom? Or is my evoscan logging incorrect?

Thanks so much for the help guys!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/516456-omni-4bar-writeup.html

I read this thread, it doesn't have the coding I need for my rom id but has all the other info when changing map sensors. Thanks again.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 03:31 PM

You should try RAX Patch v2 logging.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...m-patches.html

Once you figure that out, you can edit the MAP to adjust for the 4Bar MAP sensor right in EvoScan 2.9.xxx (newest version). Simply right click on MAP, edit, input new values. I like to also edit the notes to save 3Bar and 4Bar settings so I can just copy and paste.

Omni4Bar MAP Sensor.

Eval (PSIG) = [RAX_D_Dat]BITS(32,9)*0.11715
MetricEval (kPa) = [RAX_D_Dat]BITS(32,9)*0.8077214
Old Dec 24, 2015, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by GSXRiderK6
You should try RAX Patch v2 logging.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...m-patches.html

Once you figure that out, you can edit the MAP to adjust for the 4Bar MAP sensor right in EvoScan 2.9.xxx (newest version). Simply right click on MAP, edit, input new values. I like to also edit the notes to save 3Bar and 4Bar settings so I can just copy and paste.

Omni4Bar MAP Sensor.

Eval (PSIG) = [RAX_D_Dat]BITS(32,9)*0.11715
MetricEval (kPa) = [RAX_D_Dat]BITS(32,9)*0.8077214
Here are a couple screen shots to get you going.
Attached Thumbnails omni 4 bar setup?-evo-scan-rax-patch.jpg   omni 4 bar setup?-4bar-map-settings.jpg  
Old Dec 27, 2015, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks GSXRider! Im still confused in one area. Im following you on the logging part but not on the actual tune side. Do I not scale the 4 bar map sensor in the tune itself first? Or that's not needed?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by browningderek
Thanks GSXRider! Im still confused in one area. Im following you on the logging part but not on the actual tune side. Do I not scale the 4 bar map sensor in the tune itself first? Or that's not needed?
This is the final piece of the puzzle for you. Just select the 4Bar setting in the drop down menu of the application.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=126938
http://ripnet.us/software/tuner-helper/
Old May 9, 2019, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

I need help figuring out why my evoscan is logging much higher boost than is actually there. I'm using Tephra V3 for my X with RAX. I've zeroed my WGDC/boost tables and my Zeitronix gauge, logged load, and perceived power (butt dyno) all agree that I'm at wastegate pressure of only 19ish PSI... but per below you can see that Evoscan is saying I'm at 32PSI. Please see below my screenshots, including my scaling for the boost. I've also included a screenshot of my ecuflash ROM showing I have it all enabled. Do I have to "scale" my MAP or something? I've only had this issue recently when I realized I had a bad boost leak... I fixed it and then had way high boost an so I zeroed out my WGDC/boost tables to start from scratch and I noticed this discrepancy. Any ideas?

Old May 11, 2019, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Any specific reason you went with a 4bar sensor? Are you really wanting to read past 32psi?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...r-writeup.html

A summary:
In standard EcuFlash definitions, you need to:
- take the X-axis scale values from MAP based Load Calc #3 and paste them into #2
- take the X-axis scale values from Fuel Compensation MAT vs MAP - Omni4bar and paste them into - Stock3bar
- revert 3x values under Omni 4 Bar Boost back to factory
- if using PSI-based boost target, copy Boost Target 3x tables from Omni 4 Bar Boost section into Direct Boost section
- also, copy OBTR Y-axis from and to the same
- also, copy Target Boost Error Correction from and to the same

Last edited by Metal_AF; May 11, 2019 at 06:39 AM.
Old May 12, 2019, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you so much! Yes, I run about 32psi right now, no idea what I did to screw this up when I went to V3... I do this so infrequently now that I find myself having to relearn all this. I have some questions:
  • You say take "Map based load calc #3" x-axis and put into #2, but Tephra says to copy #1 and put it into #2.
    • Which should I do? Screenshot below.
  • You say to "revert 3x values"... what does that mean? I read and re-read this and don't know what you mean.
  • I am using the PSI-based boost target - what do you mean when you say to "Copy them" from the Omni section to the direct boost section? You mean copy the values in the tables
    • I think your next two bullets appear to be similar so I think I can figure those out if you explain this maybe.
For ease, here is my ROM and definitions in a zip if you care to look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IQ8...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by honki24; May 12, 2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old May 13, 2019, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hiya.

For Omni 4-bar logging in EvoScan using RAX Fast Logging, try revising the formula to...

MAP imperial: [RAX_D_Dat]BITS(32,9)*0.11715
MAP metric is: [RAX_D_Dat]BITS(32,9)*0.8077214

Rich
Old May 14, 2019, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
Hiya.

For Omni 4-bar logging in EvoScan using RAX Fast Logging, try revising the formula to...

MAP imperial: [RAX_D_Dat]BITS(32,9)*0.11715
MAP metric is: [RAX_D_Dat]BITS(32,9)*0.8077214

Rich
Thanks for the input Rich! Indeed, that's the formulae I'm using per my screenshot above. Any other ideas?

I did go through and follow the directions in that link posted by METAL_AF and I'm still seeing basically pegged boost in evoscan (~32psi) but I know I'm only running about 19psi.
Old May 17, 2019, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by honki24
Thanks for the input Rich! Indeed, that's the formulae I'm using per my screenshot above. Any other ideas?

I did go through and follow the directions in that link posted by METAL_AF and I'm still seeing basically pegged boost in evoscan (~32psi) but I know I'm only running about 19psi.
Okay, I see it.

Your EvoScan "RAX Fast Logging" Boost item should simply be as follows...

[Map]-[Baro]

...whereas you have an actual calculation in there.

So... Make sure your MAP is reading correctly. Make sure your Baro is reading correctly. Your "gauge" boost is simply one minus the other.

Rich

PS. It looks like you're also missing Boost Target as a logging item. See if you can get that one back, as it's useful!

PPS. See if your logging works faster if you disable EvoScan's "multithreading" mode. Go to "Files" menu and TICK "Disable MultiThreading".
Old Jun 2, 2019, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you so much!! I'll look into all of this!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, I see it.

PS. It looks like you're also missing Boost Target as a logging item. See if you can get that one back, as it's useful!
I searched around today and wasn't able to find the definition for this. Do you have a recommended XML for me to use in Evoscan? I've attached my XML if it's of any value.

I fell out of practice with this stuff and recently bumped up to Tephra V3 and have been having trouble since. I'd like to be fully TephraV3, RAX, and OMNI compliant.
Attached Files
Old Jun 4, 2019, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Okay, I see it.

Your EvoScan "RAX Fast Logging" Boost item should simply be as follows...

[Map]-[Baro]

...whereas you have an actual calculation in there.

So... Make sure your MAP is reading correctly. Make sure your Baro is reading correctly. Your "gauge" boost is simply one minus the other.

PPS. See if your logging works faster if you disable EvoScan's "multithreading" mode. Go to "Files" menu and TICK "Disable MultiThreading".
Richard, please see these screenshots, here are my current questions:
  1. I disabled multithread and I still think my logs look choppy, is there a way to make it log faster?
  2. It looks like my MAP reading (from my OMNI 4-bar) is pretty spot on to my external zeitronix pressure readings meaning boost = MAP for me... not boost = MAP - Baro. Not sure if that's a concern or not.
  3. I'd really like to know how to log boost target, I've never had that. My load values line up with my MAP reading but my car's WGDC correction and OBTR tables seem to be misaligned somehow so I'd really like to log this and troubleshoot. If there are any other parameters I'm missing I'd sure like to know too!

Quick Reply: omni 4 bar setup?