Notices

Final Edition Rom (Tactrix)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Edition Rom (Tactrix)

Hi,

I am going to be ordering the tactrix cable for my FE Evo, and would like to know which ROM to choose when ordering the cable. GSR Rom?

Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2016, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Typically you would use the Tactrix when getting a tune and your tuner would give you the ROM to upload.

The stock ROM on the FE is a modified GSR ROM so it can make a little extra power. So uploading a GSR ROM might be a little safer (I've heard mixed things about the stock FE ROM), but you'll make less power with a GSR ROM.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Epyon
Typically you would use the Tactrix when getting a tune and your tuner would give you the ROM to upload.

The stock ROM on the FE is a modified GSR ROM so it can make a little extra power. So uploading a GSR ROM might be a little safer (I've heard mixed things about the stock FE ROM), but you'll make less power with a GSR ROM.
Thanks! What about the tephra V3 option? When ordering the cable it asks what model you have, and Final Edition is not one of the options. Tephra is an additional add on correct?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I haven't personally used tephra v3, but from what I understand it's like a ROM that you have more options with. I'm not really sure what you're intent is with changing the cars ROM, but if you're just looking to make some more power without mods. I would see if you can get an e-tune from one of the guys on here, I know some people do self-tuning but it's something that requires ALOT of research.

My e-tune and many other people go with ChetRickerman, great guy, great tunes. Another option is to go to a reputable tune shop in your area that has worked with evos and get an open source tune with them.