EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-341/)
-   -   who would pay for a (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/579169-who-would-pay.html)

tephra Oct 13, 2011 09:46 PM

who would pay for a

1 Attachment(s)
Who would be interested in paying for a little windows application that works with your OP20 cable.

This application will just do some of the things the MUTIII does, but without having a MUTIII

So far:
- Timing Chain Elongation query and reset
- AYC Bleed
- ACD Bleed

I hope to add (but it may take a while):
- DRL disable
- TPMS disable or at least relearn
- Reinstate ECU

Thoughts?

-edit-
AYC/ACD bleed are working RIGHT NOW...

I am having an issue with the timing chain report/reset, which I wanted to get done for the first release...

If people want the AYC/ACD part, send $25USD + paypal fee to my paypal (in my sig) I will send it to you, when the timing chain bit is done I will give you a free update :)

Cheers
D.

mrfred Oct 13, 2011 10:39 PM

add permanent asc disable?

tephra Oct 13, 2011 10:43 PM

not easily...

but now that I have a couple of RS ACD ECU's I will look into it :)

Red EVOX Oct 13, 2011 11:28 PM

Dave, i would gladly pay a smallish price to be able to use my OP20 cable to be able to bleed the ACD/AYC....

I know a few others who would as well.

itzwolf Oct 14, 2011 03:20 AM

I would definitely be interested in the application.

What kind of price are you thinking?

tephra Oct 14, 2011 06:44 AM

I dunno... maybe $25...

drewgray Oct 14, 2011 07:04 AM

I would pay.

vegittoss15 Oct 14, 2011 07:10 AM

I could help with the Winforms/WPF part :D

tephra Oct 14, 2011 07:11 AM

thanks..

but .net/c# makes it too easy :)

itzwolf Oct 14, 2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 9672080)
I dunno... maybe $25...

If you decided to charge for it I'd pay $25 for it else I would certainly provide a donation.

Really hope you can implement the other options also as they would be very useful features. I know people have been wanting a TPMS disable and especially relearn tool for our cars for a long time (there is a thread somewhere about this on EvoM).

It's one of my watch items, new rims are in the future but I am leaning to keep my stock rims also for a diffrent set of tires. The whole idea of switching sensors and such is bleh.

Any ETA on a first release?

NOMIEZVR4 Oct 14, 2011 07:14 AM

tephra for the contributions you've made to this community, I would definenetly pay!

ferocus Oct 14, 2011 07:55 AM

If it's easy to do you could add a "VIN change" for people like me that manage to fry the ECU. I paid 80$ to get somebody from Mitsubishi service with a MUTIII tool to do that.

If I am allowed some wishful thinking and you have spare time I would gladly pay for a little windows aplication that bridges EvoScan to EcuFlash (similar to Romraider) for:
-injectors scaling
-maf scaling
-fuel calibration map adjustment (for maniacs like me that want to get on the wideband what is in the High octane fuel map)
-wgdc reactive map adjustment ... maybe

I know everybody has some excel sheets to help with these, but an automated tool would be nice.

tephra Oct 14, 2011 08:55 AM

^ yeh thats the reinstate ECU i was talking about... that will probably be version 2

eta on V1 is asap

ugakirk Oct 14, 2011 09:14 AM

I have had my Cobb AP for about 3 years now, but I might have to sell it and go with Tephra's maps and donate some money to him!!

Very Off Topic- Tephra, could you PM me/post what I would need to start using this? Is a OP20 cable the same thing as a Tactrix cable? Sorry about my noobiness on ECUFlash. :(

tephra Oct 14, 2011 09:19 AM

I will be trying to get Cobb to integrate the AYC/ACD bleed into AP as well...