Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

A day that turned into a week, on the flow bench.

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when are you going to be selling the DI manifold?
Old May 6, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We are selling the new style DI intake manifolds like I tested now.
Old May 6, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its very nice to see what intake pretty much takes the cake.

Buschur power baby!
Old May 6, 2009, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David sorry your project did not net a big exciting climax, but you should be super proud of yourself for making what appears to be a kick *** intake manifold in the end. If it weren't for the DI performing so well you'd probably be over the moon with your own manifolds performance.

I'd love to see you keep working at it and coming up with something that really clearly dominates. But I can see that probably takes a lot more effort and maybe someone would just end up copying your design right off the bat and it would be all for nothing.

Would love to see pics of your design but it probably wouldn't be smart to post them and give competitors more ideas.

Speaking of competitors, and this is not to add any drama, I wonder what has become of the AMS intake. I wonder if they are having as tough as a time as you've had finding a really solid all around performer. It's a real shame they aren't quite as open with their testing and dev as you are. I really think your openness is the key to your success. Keep it up! We love you for it!
Old May 6, 2009, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
David sorry your project did not net a big exciting climax, but you should be super proud of yourself for making what appears to be a kick *** intake manifold in the end. If it weren't for the DI performing so well you'd probably be over the moon with your own manifolds performance.

I'd love to see you keep working at it and coming up with something that really clearly dominates. But I can see that probably takes a lot more effort and maybe someone would just end up copying your design right off the bat and it would be all for nothing.

Would love to see pics of your design but it probably wouldn't be smart to post them and give competitors more ideas.

Speaking of competitors, and this is not to add any drama, I wonder what has become of the AMS intake. I wonder if they are having as tough as a time as you've had finding a really solid all around performer. It's a real shame they aren't quite as open with their testing and dev as you are. I really think your openness is the key to your success. Keep it up! We love you for it!
X2
Old May 6, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks crcain.

I am happy as hell with our intake, it was just very difficult for us to manufacture. In the end the base plate for our velocity stacks ended up pulling from the heat from welding it slightly and forming the top/bottom of the intake plenum was rough too.

I feel that through this testing this time I have a good grasp on what works and what doesn't. The smaller plenum is critical to a having a good power band in the low/mid range. The plenum on the intake we built is the smallest of all aftermarket intakes we have tested. Our runners are also, I believe, the longest at just over 7". measured from the top of the velocity stack to the cylinder head. It also seems that placing the throttle body opening in line with the runners is a poor idea and hurts flow across the runners. The intake we built (and the DI from day one) has had the throttle body opening placed over the runner inlets. I would, honestly, like to produce the intake we built. I built it so the throttle body is in the stock location, so our i/c pipes or anyone else's mate right up. The DI is also very close to the stock location. Right now I do not have the interest in finding someone who can form the plenum for us. Maybe this fall when things slow down again it will be something I look into.

For now, be confident that the new small plenum DI intake manifold is available, fits well, works well and from what I have seen has the best power band of any intake available and on the market.