Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Stock turbo e85 @ 28 psi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock turbo e85 @ 28 psi

Well I thought I would post my current power on the stock turbo. I want to see what I can do about getting some more power out the car, Im not sure whats left in the tune or if something is holding me up.

Taken into consideration this is at 5321 ft above sea level.

E85 @ 28 psi

Mods:
stock longblock, ecu
evo 9 turbo
Hks 272 cams
hks cam gears -1.5/-4
TBE - apexi GarbageT(GT) downpipe
RC 1000cc injectors
walbro 255
ETS 3.5in IC
ETS pipes
ETS intake
APS bov
Halman MBC

Here is the same log on evom JOT

Both are same gear logs 4th gear pulls. Cant figure out why the second graph has the funny dip curve in it.

Cheers
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Well I thought I would post my current power on the stock turbo. I want to see what I can do about getting some more power out the car, Im not sure whats left in the tune or if something is holding me up.

Taken into consideration this is at 5321 ft above sea level.

E85 @ 28 psi

Mods:
stock longblock, ecu
evo 9 turbo
Hks 272 cams
hks cam gears -1.5/-4
TBE - apexi GarbageT(GT) downpipe
RC 1000cc injectors
walbro 255
ETS 3.5in IC
ETS pipes
ETS intake
APS bov
Halman MBC

Here is the same log on evom JOT

Both are same gear logs 4th gear pulls. Cant figure out why the second graph has the funny dip curve in it.

Cheers
Maybe the throttle was pushed again?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good numbers so far but the HKS 272s are a fairly small cam. I have a HKS 272/280 combo and glad to be making the power that I am on such small cams. Do you still have the stock 02 housing? I would invest in getting a external dump 02; that should yield some more hp for ya! I also notice that your tq falls off quite a bit. Do you have a boost log? Wondering how many lbs your holding at 7k and getting an EBC or going ECO Controlled boost may help out your topend a bit.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

why do you have the cam gears set like that? the HKS 272 centerlines are almost perfect when dropped in. Have you tried setting them back to zero and see what your results are? and dips/spikes can occur w/ a disruption in load... eg. hitting a bump on the road surface etc.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Good numbers so far but the HKS 272s are a fairly small cam. I have a HKS 272/280 combo and glad to be making the power that I am on such small cams. Do you still have the stock 02 housing? I would invest in getting a external dump 02; that should yield some more hp for ya! I also notice that your tq falls off quite a bit. Do you have a boost log? Wondering how many lbs your holding at 7k and getting an EBC or going ECO Controlled boost may help out your topend a bit.
Ya im hoping to switch to kelford 272's at some point in the near future. I am still on stock manifold and 02 housing no porting. Ya tq does die, im only getting 17 psi at redline. Which im guessing could be in part to my downpipe which has 2 inch opening at the flange and then goes to 2.5 inch. I plan on switching to a 3 port solenoid.

Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
why do you have the cam gears set like that? the HKS 272 centerlines are almost perfect when dropped in. Have you tried setting them back to zero and see what your results are? and dips/spikes can occur w/ a disruption in load... eg. hitting a bump on the road surface etc.
I researched and people seemed to say that those settings were the best. It definitely helped with the car idling all crappy at centerline. Im going to zero them out to see if I can find some more power.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Ya im hoping to switch to kelford 272's at some point in the near future. I am still on stock manifold and 02 housing no porting. Ya tq does die, im only getting 17 psi at redline. Which im guessing could be in part to my downpipe which has 2 inch opening at the flange and then goes to 2.5 inch. I plan on switching to a 3 port solenoid.

I researched and people seemed to say that those settings were the best. It definitely helped with the car idling all crappy at centerline. Im going to zero them out to see if I can find some more power.
Ya you should have a straight 3" exhaust from the turbo back! Buying an external 02 dump would also help too! I would strongly suggest getting the FP18psi wastegate and a 3port or EBC. Then retune!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Ya you should have a straight 3" exhaust from the turbo back! Buying an external 02 dump would also help too! I would strongly suggest getting the FP18psi wastegate and a 3port or EBC. Then retune!
Thats the plan, although not much more time to hit the track. And im slowly getting my red conversion fund together lol.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Below is my dyno plot with stock ECU/Turbo/Kelford Cams and Perrin Filter:

If you can't see the numbers that is 387hp 380 tq
Old Sep 7, 2009, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

the overlap is what causes the lope at idle. In fact hks 272 barely lope when the a/f is set correctly at 14-15:1 w/ appropriate timing. This is at zero btw... adj the cam gears to minimize the overlap will obviously cure any lope on any cam, but most probably w/ cost to some hp in the actual powerband. Dont adjust cam gears per someone else's settings... every motor is slightly different... Start at zero and then compare pulls as you start adjusting. If anything use other peoples settings as a direction to head to... but dont start there.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:30 PM

i think the hks cam holding it back a little bit, you should be in the 400hp mark