Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by detroit pistins
what material are those cams made out of?
Below are some titanium version.
put the beer down Ali!!! lol
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
lol its 2early for me..lol thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
If you can make 1.2kwhp... then you can make 1kwhp more reliably than the guy who just touched 1kwhp. My 2 cents.

props to making power.
That's exactly how I think.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, i always wondered about titanium parts in cars because the veyron uses titanium also. I guess there are pros to this and cons, but nonetheless it's good to see variety.

exceptional work with the cams. but what purpose does your extreme builds serve? what is the desire for such builds? is it to just see how far it can be pushed?

spyros, would diamond have any benefit in your builds? say a diamond turbine center cartrdige to be "pushed" . I'm just wondering, i'm sure you would've used it if it would be helpful
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:28 AM
Former Sponsor

We use only the apropriate materials that are nesesary. They are designed for eatch purpose specialy.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

this is crazy. love that intake mani though.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

The titanium cams are the wildest things I think I have ever seen.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kiley_sean
the titanium cams are the wildest things i think i have ever seen.

+100
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kiley_sean
The titanium cams are the wildest things I think I have ever seen.
That and an 87mm turbo on a Evo! simply amazing work. Can i ask what made you guys go for these, somewhat, radical approches to building these monster engines? Clearly they work and work VERY VERY well. Its just no one else seems to be doing it the same way....

Chris.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Spyros,

I'm gonna have to say in all the years being here I don't think I have ever received a better response with quantifiable data on all your parts. Very interesting approach you guys have and definately look forward to you joining in the market over here. Think it's gonna be rather interesting
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks from all,

Customers asks always the best. No budget most cases.
we use only the best materials and parts, we are about to finish mmc-carbon rods and berilium pistons for 4g63.

Take a look our litlle babies.

Titanium synthetic rods, synthetic mmcs and titanium mostly.

286grms almost 3.5 times lighter than stock, at the stress-strain tests this rod have no competitor. To design a rod is calculation of many things. to be as simple i can.
Max. combustion pressure
sliding masses at max. speed.

the pistons speed and the acceleration depent on the crankshaft angular displacement. m/s2 vs degrees (360).
rod have maximum combustion pressure closely behind the top dead center, simultaneously intertia forces resulting from the sliding masses of the piston acts towards the rod, this time pressure (etc. 16.5MPa) can make the rod to fail.
To make it simple, there is not only the material of the rod that makes the rod strong but mostly the design.
At the stress-strain diagrams there are: the propotinal limit, the yield stress and the ultimate stress.
Each material behaves in a similar manner when placed under a load. There is a period of elastic deformation, in which the material is stretched, but it returns to its original size when unloaded. (aluminum acts well only to this) The point at which it fails to return to the original specifications is called the yield stress.
Now, in a 4 stroke engine we would probably have to assume that this yield stress would be passed at some point, so most connecting rods come out of engines a different size than when they were installed.
After the yield stress, another stress point can be reached called the ultimate stress point. At this point, a material has essentially reached the point of no return. Failure is immindent, and even a decreased amount of stress can cause fracture.

For the type of steel rods, the ultimate tensile strength would be about 80 to 160 thousand pounds per in2. If aluminum were used, the ultimate tensile strength would be closer to 60- 70 thousand pounds per in2.

Our connecting rod, under a stress of 280.000 psi, would be in bounds and top limit.
Above this limit its useless not even rod bolt can handle this kind of tensile strength even for 2secs.

these rods are desinged to work perfectly with 380grm piston at 14.000rpms >1.85:1 rod/stroke ratio.

Spyros

Last edited by Extreme Tuners; Jun 21, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

More and more amazing stuff you keep posting up can we all say "deep pockets" LOL

I still need to go back and re-read the MIVEC info you posted and now this........glad i'm subscribed to this thread!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Wow that is crazy. In for more.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

the last time i saw such creations and new design approaches is a documentary on f1 race team development behind closed doors. Very impressive spyros but by reducing the weight significantly of the pistons and using titanium synthetic rod, you have allowed for a lighter rotational weight. Has this reduced rotational weight allowed for you to rev from 4-10k significantly faster than the cheaper compounds?

In the budgeted auto industry there is only so much rotational weight reduction that can be done without causing the rod to stretch etc. Like a titanium rod that has problems. I noticed you said "titanium synthetic" Is this synthetic helping the titanium rod work better than a pure titanium rod? I always assumed that lighter rods, lighter pistons with exotic materials and synthetics maybe would cause the evo to respond more like a motorbike with the engine speeds. Obviously, never like a bike but much much faster from 4-9k for quicker response etc.

To those who claim this high hp design is useless, I disagree. Reichen's evo went 237 in the mile, but he was using arias pistons and shifting at 10,000rpms. if he had this engine and shifted at 14,500 rpm's he might break higher top speed. I'd say this design is a true top end monster, but then again I'm unaware of the transmission gearing selection being done here.

Thanks!

Last edited by Broham; Jun 21, 2010 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)