Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FPRed 500whp 110oct 29psi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thats amazing.. I have never heard an exhaust leak from a cracked manifold can make more power!!! Things you can learn on Evom..

Mike
I was sitting here wondering about this too... as in, is the exhaust wheel really choking up the motor that much on the top end?

We need to see a dyno sheet proving this or I'm calling it
Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thats amazing.. I have never heard an exhaust leak from a cracked manifold can make more power!!! Things you can learn on Evom..

Mike
I was thinking the same thing, ( scratches head )
Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DG Motors
I was thinking the same thing, ( scratches head )
go to sleep..lataaaaaaaaaa
Old Dec 21, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
so what are your likes and dislikes, in regards to the red over your previous ste up? i went from the green to the red a while back. good luck are you gonna run it on 93 at the track? GL
Old Dec 21, 2009, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Another stock block on an FPred hitting 500awhp safely!!!

Kudos to the op and cwill
Old Dec 21, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

you should throw a stock ported manifold on, i'm sure you'll see some good gains.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A pre-turbo exhaust leak such as a cracked exhaust manifold allows unmetered air in ahead of the O2 sensor. This can play havoc on your AFR´s as the ECU will first add fuel to subdue the knock from an incorrectly diagnosed too lean condition, and then pull the extra added fuel to correct for the resulting too rich condition, and pull pull back timing as well.

Some people will say no, but as an old geezer, Buick GN guy, I can tell you that it´s possible. So, I just don´t see how it can add ponies. I also don´t quite get the comparison to a normally aspirated engine with an open header.

Last edited by sparky; Dec 22, 2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:32 PM

LUIS you never told me !!! lol nice ! damn i wish i could feel it cant wait to see the pump gas results i still have to send out my tomei to get ported and coated then we can compare our two and just dominate gainesville together MWHAHAHAAHAHA -cough- anyway cant wait to see it back up here after the break! i wanna feel the fp red! .
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S
I haven't taken it to the track yet but i should see a 126 to 128 trap ..

How does the black feel like?
lol well i can tell you its nice and heavy as far as how it feels i dont know ask my closet its right next to MIKE@awdmotorsports old built head
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marrrk
so what are your likes and dislikes, in regards to the red over your previous ste up? i went from the green to the red a while back. good luck are you gonna run it on 93 at the track? GL
I like the Tomei quick spool, any time I would hit the gas the boost would come on like an animal, I cant really compare the red though since I haven't fully tuned it yet on pump gas, I'll find out in the next couple days, I've already got a new Ported Exhaust manifold Thanks Cwill.

Originally Posted by E-SPEC@TopLevelPerformance
Another stock block on an FPred hitting 500awhp safely!!!

Kudos to the op and cwill
Thank you

Originally Posted by Evoguyfhp
LUIS you never told me !!! lol nice ! damn i wish i could feel it cant wait to see the pump gas results i still have to send out my tomei to get ported and coated then we can compare our two and just dominate gainesville together MWHAHAHAAHAHA -cough- anyway cant wait to see it back up here after the break! i wanna feel the fp red! .
Yea bro it was just recent, the car feels like a monster on 110 oct, I wanna do pump so I can compare it to the Tomei, you could definitely see some gains from porting and coating your turbo....And Yea Gainesville raceway will belong to the Evo's
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

congrats on the new power man. I'd love to take a ride in your car and feel the difference between my 482whp on meth and pump compared to your 495whp on 110. Hopefully I cen get down there to cwill very soon for a tune.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

I tuned two cars that day, this FPRed car(495whp, 110 oct, 29psi) and Ray's Top mount 6062(464whp, pump, 25 psi), both cars were very conservative since they both daily drive their cars and just wanna have fun. I think they both came out great and im just happy that the owners are enjoying their cars, Luis we will go back for a pump gas tune, I also got your exhaust manifold ready to go.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lillev23
congrats on the new power man. I'd love to take a ride in your car and feel the difference between my 482whp on meth and pump compared to your 495whp on 110. Hopefully I cen get down there to cwill very soon for a tune.
You might not have to drive that far either since he lives in Gainesville Whenever you're ready Will
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S
With pump gas u should be around 460 whp and 400 tq cwill is a very good tuneryour gonna make more power then the tomie trust me..lol...Also the turbo is gonna hit harder when u take care if the exhaust leak.
This is all very nice information to know.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:38 PM

looking forward to seeing the pump gas numbers, I just picked up an 80mm RED myself!

Quick Reply: FPRed 500whp 110oct 29psi