Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

More CBRD BBK XL tweaking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lite and full have same compressors, isn't lb/min rated at compressor?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
After some searching, I found an old post where Chad Block rates the BBK compressor at only 48 Lbs./Min. Now, this is considerably less than you'd think that it would be. Actually, it is pretty amazing when you stop and think about it, isn't it? The BBK usually Dynos at about 30 WHP more than an Old-School Green which is configured with a 47 Lb./Min. compressor. Kinda makes you wonder, huh? I am scratching my head in disbelief.

Significant advancements in the state of the art of both compressor and turbine wheel blade design took place in the years between the release of the original Green and the subsequent release of the BBK Full. The original Green did not have an HTA compressor wheel for example.

I once discussed the BBK's turbine wheel with Chad Block and he indicated that the exducer's configuration and its advanced design somehow played into the exceptional power production of the BBK package.

Last edited by sparky; Mar 1, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burnzy
lite and full have same compressors, isn't lb/min rated at compressor?
You're correct.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sparky
After some searching, I found an old post where Chad Block rates the BBK compressor at only 48 Lbs./Min. Now, this is considerably less than you'd think that it would be. Actually, it is pretty amazing when you stop and think about it, isn't it? The BBK usually Dynos at about 30 WHP more than an Old-School Green which is configured with a 47 Lb./Min. compressor. Kinda makes you wonder, huh? I am scratching my head in disbelief.

Significant advancements in the state of the art of both compressor and turbine wheel blade design took place in the years between the release of the original Green and the subsequent release of the BBK Full. The original Green did not have an HTA compressor wheel for example.

I once discussed the BBK's turbine wheel with Chad Block and he indicated that the exducer's configuration and its advanced design somehow played into the exceptional power production of the BBK package.
thanks for that clarification, i had my facts mixed up.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
I have some testing plots of caleb's car here from the shop, on straight pump, stock cams, stock uicp, with the BBK and BBK-B

ill get some scanned!

cb
Come on Chad im dying here..
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GHOSTN
Come on Chad im dying here..
Ditto!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:44 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
If Chad ever gets off his *** and sends me one I will be putting one on my personal Evo which has a stock 2.0L (for now)

- Bryan
Subscribed.
Old May 2, 2010, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

any updates?
Old May 2, 2010, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
+2
Old May 2, 2010, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

+3. Ihave been flirtign with selling my BBK to get an FP Red/Black. I would like to see soem final numbers and plots on a relatively stock Evo motor before i pull the trigger.
Old May 2, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Green Meanie
+3. Ihave been flirtign with selling my BBK to get an FP Red/Black. I would like to see soem final numbers and plots on a relatively stock Evo motor before i pull the trigger.
If you have a relatively stock EVO and a BBK, why not keep the BBK and get some supporting mods instead of wasting money on a Red/Black/BBK-B and not seeing any significant gains due to the lack of supporting mods?
Old May 2, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really feel CBRD should should post an update. By now they must know if the BBK-B is on schedule, behind scheduled, or not worth the trouble.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

from what i understand after talking with chad yesterday at their dyno day, he is waiting on the wheels to come in so he can put them on a couple test cars to get everyone some hard numbers for the turbo. as in anything there is always that waiting game. im sure as soon as they come in, everyone will get numbers and graphs to look at, he is just as anxious as all of us to see what it can do. i know its not much of an update but its what is in the works. patience is a virtue. if you build it they will come. lol

jeff
Old May 2, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Meanie
Honestly, I think the Black is the safest turbo for the stock motor period. 550hp/425tq all day long and no problems It still spools at 4k too. Can't beat that!

Mikey
Old May 2, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ Thanks Mikey for your useful info. Im still debating whether i'll get BBK full, Red or black but now im leaning towards black more and maybe run AEM meth kit.Your car is a monster bro.I saw your video on youtube with Ernie's turbo outlet personally fab by him.You and Daniel rolling with monster car in WA.

Quick Reply: More CBRD BBK XL tweaking