Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

AMS/Top Level Redbull Makes 766hp on 32psi

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats on the win
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:55 AM

I have the same turbo on E85 and 14 deg. max timing I did 649whp @ 32psi. At 35psi on C16 and higher timing advance numbers I think 766 is do-able, might be hard to obtain but definatly do-able. One thing I dont understand is how can people be so dumb to stand in front of a 700+awhp car on the dyno and not fear for there life or something happening that shouldnt.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:11 AM

I would also be worried about the exhaust fumes. I'm not sure but it seemed that there were alot of it in the dyno room
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slowlaser
I have the same turbo on E85 and 14 deg. max timing I did 649whp @ 32psi. At 35psi on C16 and higher timing advance numbers I think 766 is do-able, might be hard to obtain but definatly do-able. One thing I dont understand is how can people be so dumb to stand in front of a 700+awhp car on the dyno and not fear for there life or something happening that shouldnt.
Originally Posted by yrkesman
I would also be worried about the exhaust fumes. I'm not sure but it seemed that there were alot of it in the dyno room

You guys have never been to these kinds of parties before.. out of control sick!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

It was a dissapointing day for my car due to a huge boost leak I still managed 348hp hahah I lost the evo x category by one hp! Congrats to jimmy's evo x! I put down 365hp 405tq on that same dyno a week or two before.

At the event put down 348hp and the a/f's dippin into the 10's for some reason at redline The only thing that I realized is that almost everyones graphs were sloppy! Kouzman nice numbers on your car and car looks great! The redbull car is plain nasty! I will post my two graphs to show there is an issue somewhere...all in all it was a great event and nice seeing everyone!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XEVOX08
It was a dissapointing day for my car due to a huge boost leak I still managed 348hp hahah I lost the evo x category by one hp! Congrats to jimmy's evo x! I put down 365hp 405tq on that same dyno a week or two before.

At the event put down 348hp and the a/f's dippin into the 10's for some reason at redline The only thing that I realized is that almost everyones graphs were sloppy! Kouzman nice numbers on your car and car looks great! The redbull car is plain nasty! I will post my two graphs to show there is an issue somewhere...all in all it was a great event and nice seeing everyone!
Thanks man! I think the problem was with the air quality/quantity/circulation. Only one fan in front of the car and people on top of each other in frot of the car! My afrs were completely messed up too but as soon as went out on the road last night and logged again they are spot on again in the 11 range...

Do we know if there are any payouts for the respective categories? What the results per category? I ran the unlimited awd and my buddy Jimmy ran the evo x!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 07:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kouzman
Thanks man! I think the problem was with the air quality/quantity/circulation. Only one fan in front of the car and people on top of each other in frot of the car! My afrs were completely messed up too but as soon as went out on the road last night and logged again they are spot on again in the 11 range...

Do we know if there are any payouts for the respective categories? What the results per category? I ran the unlimited awd and my buddy Jimmy ran the evo x!

Your buddy Jimmy (black x) won first place,,,, could you post his graph please.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately because he was in a hurry as he was running late for work he didn't take the printout ith him! Is it possible to contact the guys at TSA and get the dynograph?

The fella from NyCe1s who was videoing th event took with his camera the monitor with the dynoplot. Maybe when he releases the video we can capture a screenshot!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Yea the graph was choppy as hell....ill post mine so u can see diff. Yea it was more for show then anything but it was fun! Nice to see some fellow greeks doing work heheh here is my graph on same dyno a week or two before...notice the nice curve thanks to e-spec I will post the one from the contest today but you can see it must have a leak got so rich up top!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52...espec2copy.jpg
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

I was kind of mad cuz I did have it in the bag that day hahahah not taken anything from jimmy's car but his is pretty stock. Mine hit 365hp and held it almost to redline unlike jimmy's initial spike and didn't hold well.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

I was kind of mad cuz I did have it in the bag that day hahahah not taken anything from jimmy's car but his is pretty stock. Mine hit 365hp and held it almost to redline unlike jimmy's initial spike and didn't hold well.
yes his car didn't hold as well but something was of with his car too. Some type of limp mde because the abs light was blinking or something... His car usually is very smooth... As is he has ran 12.3 @ 113 if I remember correctly and that's with the clutch slipping every time he was trying to powershift for even better... Still on the stock clutch! Lol
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:28 AM

Correction Mike this was actually a 39psi pull. (Brandon here) I was in the car with him setting up the target boost so Ya I think I would know. Either way the car did great for not even being at full operating temp (oil wise) in my opinion. That was also just one third gear pull. I have a feeling it would have went maye 10-15 whp or so on the next pass. The car still has another 6 or so psi in it so it can definitely lay down some very good peak power. Great numbers for the set up.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

yes his car didn't hold as well but something was of with his car too. Some type of limp mde because the abs light was blinking or something... His car usually is very smooth... As is he has ran 12.3 @ 113 if I remember correctly and that's with the clutch slipping every time he was trying to powershift for even better... Still on the stock clutch! Lol

I should also note that his car is a bit of a freak. Bone stock it was the highest dynoed at THE SHOP with I think 217awhp when most of them average 205-210awhp... On that dyno he runs a healthy 290awhp!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

12.3 is a great time would love to get mine in the 11's stock turbo! Yea I hate the evo x stock clutch sucks so bad! Won't complain cuz it's still holding up....yea seems good his numbers show. My car feels nasty on the street!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vtecboys18
Correction Mike this was actually a 39psi pull. (Brandon here) I was in the car with him setting up the target boost so Ya I think I would know. Either way the car did great for not even being at full operating temp (oil wise) in my opinion. That was also just one third gear pull. I have a feeling it would have went maye 10-15 whp or so on the next pass. The car still has another 6 or so psi in it so it can definitely lay down some very good peak power. Great numbers for the set up.
That makes more sense! Congrats on the car! It is a monster!
What gas if I may ask?

Quick Reply: AMS/Top Level Redbull Makes 766hp on 32psi