Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BBK Full + SD + 91 + Tephra V7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would a forge recirculating bov be a problem with speed density on the stock ecu?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
Not for nothing u have no clue of what your talking about your gonna swap out your red for a bbk full why to touch 500 whp?With the setup up you have now on e85 or meth with around 31psi u can touch and make more then 500 whp with a blink of un eye i offered u advise and told u to check your pm for a msg but you'll learn from your own mistake's..Also forgot to mention i made 500 whp with a red on 30 psi with no cams ..intercooler piping,or any porting ,and three boost leaks it's all in the combo and tune my friend i think u need to find your self a good tuner..Look at the graph it's just peak numbers i would smoke this thing with my red..
Wow...Seriously?

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
I would hope a red at 30 psi would make more power than a BBK at 6 psi less on 91 oct

- Bryan
Awesome job Bryan, I wish you guys were located closer to Georgia I've seen/read/heard nothing but good things from you guys
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedwrx
This thing is running a cat too? How does the owner like the APS DV?
a rally cat is a hollow cat(incase a cop here in cali decides to look under your car)
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
This thing is running a cat too? How does the owner like the APS DV?
the rally cat is a 3" resonated test pipe with a real cat heatshield surrounding it (to look like a real cat incase 5-0 gets nosey)

So far I have not had any issues with the APS unit. It is only slightly louder than the Stock DV which I like. I will know more about how it reacts next time I'm out at the track, as this car is not my DD anymore.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dipsetinallday
would a forge recirculating bov be a problem with speed density on the stock ecu?
With speed density, you can run a VTA bov, or a recirculating unit like the APS recirc valve I am using without issue.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very sweet. Im liking that BBK turbo more and more everyday.\

Great work GST.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Resi
the rally cat is a 3" resonated test pipe with a real cat heatshield surrounding it (to look like a real cat incase 5-0 gets nosey)

So far I have not had any issues with the APS unit. It is only slightly louder than the Stock DV which I like. I will know more about how it reacts next time I'm out at the track, as this car is not my DD anymore.
Originally Posted by NameLess AZN
a rally cat is a hollow cat(incase a cop here in cali decides to look under your car)
Cool thanks guys, I learned something today
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by penthouse
You probably have to prove to 1slowevo that this bbk full is faster than the fpred. Maybe a dyno graph comparison between the two turbos with the same car, setup,etc.
On paper the FPred should make more power then the BBK Full on a proper set up Evo like this. I just haven't seen it happen it, but I would imagine it's just a matter of time.

The BBK has the spool advantage over the red for sure and so far the BBK has been outperforming the FPred on 91 pump gas on our dyno.

For a stock motor, daily driven street car in California, the CBRD BBK Full is a great choice.

Originally Posted by Chris Moore
Bryan,

Do you think the gains were made from just removing the MAF? If you replaced the AEM Dryflow with a K&N, I would think that alone could gain some. Did the car take more timing running SD? Leaner AFR with SD? If you don't want to release this information, I understand.
It actually went from a AEM cone filter with the MAF to no MAF with a AEM Dryflow.

Same timing and AFR on both tunes. SD tune had slightly more boost up top as a by product of running no MAF.

I think the Kelford cams had a bit to do with this power as well.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mitsuevo803
Wow...Seriously?

Awesome job Bryan, I wish you guys were located closer to Georgia I've seen/read/heard nothing but good things from you guys
WOW what????
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
On paper the FPred should make more power then the BBK Full on a proper set up Evo like this. I just haven't seen it happen it, but I would imagine it's just a matter of time.

The BBK has the spool advantage over the red for sure and so far the BBK has been outperforming the FPred on 91 pump gas on our dyno.

For a stock motor, daily driven street car in California, the CBRD BBK Full is a great choice.

It actually went from a AEM cone filter with the MAF to no MAF with a AEM Dryflow.

Same timing and AFR on both tunes. SD tune had slightly more boost up top as a by product of running no MAF.

I think the Kelford cams had a bit to do with this power as well.
The red doesn't like 91 oct or pump it loves 93 meth or race gas u know this brian..lol... I agree for what he's looking to achieve then this is one nasty lil turbo but for me i like loads of power the red doesn;t even cut it for me im gonna go 6262 very soon..
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

nice numbers! BBK ftw

Last edited by sphinxof2006; Jan 18, 2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sphinxof2006
nice numbers!
shut up
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slow/***/rs
shut up
YEAH I KNOW **** SHOULDA WENT WITH A GT42R with M3's I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT ROFL
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sphinxof2006
YEAH I KNOW **** SHOULDA WENT WITH A GT42R with M3's I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT ROFL
yes you dont pt106mm turbo is way better with 288 cams
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slow/***/rs
yes you dont pt106mm turbo is way better with 288 cams
WOW that seems logical , but stay stock block but shift at 9500

Quick Reply: BBK Full + SD + 91 + Tephra V7