Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Force-Fed/Buschur Racing...5857 RESULTS!!!!!!! Sort of...LOL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Force-Fed/Buschur Racing...5857 RESULTS!!!!!!! Sort of...LOL

Well we recently picked the 5857 for a couple builds also for our own track car that will see MUCH action in SCCA competitions. Seems like this turbo should have already picked up a BUNCH of peoples attention already and none of us have really seen what this bad boy can do. We honeslty are not the biggest fans of stock frame turbos and were waiting for someone to come out with a T3 frame turbo that can perform down low like a stock frame Red/Black but have the upper RPM power of a 6262/35r type turbo.

Here is the customer car we recently finished
Jamie Lefever(SICK9)
evo IX MR

Jamie came to us for a tune/kelford install
He left with around 450hp on a red/meth on our dyno. Couple weeks later we get a phone call that he had blown two fist sized holes in the block. Even admitted that he was beating the crap out of it(WOW that is a first) we are used to the old "I was just cruising down the road", or "It just started acting funny". We then tore the car down for assesment and man he did a good job of tearing stuff up.

Normally here we build every single motor for customers but in this case this was the first time someone had completely blasted their entire motor/head. Since we had a rapidly growing relationship with Buschur Racing and we have SOO much going on in the shop now, we had now way of finding time to source a good core block/head then get parts machine and build. I gave David a Ring and we had a shortblock in like 4 days with exactly what we wanted in it.
We then needed a Head but his was garbage. Being a IX we didnt have any cores laying around so we found one Mike@AWD had and sold it to the customer as a core for BR's Stage 3 treatment. We had a Head from BR in 3 DAYS!!.

Jamie then came to the shop to check out the parts and noticed the ETS 5857 turbo kit all polished and coated I have sitting on my tool box for our track car. He automatically said he wanted to get that and scrap the FP red. So of course with all the ETS products we have floating around on cars I gave Michael@ETS a call and we had a kit ready to go.

We started the car Thursday night and gave the engine a good break in from thursday night till sat morning when we were ready to tune in the afternoon. jamie was not able to make it down so i assured him i would have my cell on my hip ready to let him know how it was going.

We threw the car straight on the dyno and made one pass at 16PSI with nothing at all and this is what happened.

Couple turns of the Hallman and here is 19-20psi

REMEMBER this is with ZERO tuning and full boost is being seen at a ridiculous 3800.

After this Babi started to get a lil nasty with the car and we finally were ready to crank her up to 26-27psi and take the BR motor past 7k.

We then made 1 pull at 29psi and 8k and right after 7500 the ACT clutch just could not hold on. Now before people start saying.. "ACT clutch on THAT!!???" Yes we know, the clutch only had 3k on it when we put this car together and everything seemed fine. We actually recc a twin/triple to him before finishing the build but just couldnt come up with the extra cash on top of everything else besides he needed his car back. We didnt think it would just smoke the clutch as bad as it did with it being so new.

here is a Vid of the car at 29psi**SEEING FULL BOOST AT A AMAZING 4K** revving the 8k, you can here the boost come on like a monster and just burn the clutch.
[URL=http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r237/evojmill/?action=view&current=Clutchslipping.flv

We kept lowering boost trying to keep the car slipping after 7500 and it just was not happening. This engine/turbo just spins WAY too fast and boost comes on too hard for the clutch to hold it.

I gave jamie a call and explained the situation that the clutch was NOT worn out, it simply just couldnt take the car making probably [EMAIL="500WHP+@28PSI"]500WHP+@28PSI[/EMAIL]+
So we came to an agreement we would get his fuel straightened out and leave the car at a safe 22psi so he could still enjoy it and have fun until he could get ready for a clutch in it.

So we ended up returning the car to Jamie this morning with 22PSi and 425whp with NO timing/mivec tuning whatsoever.
This REALLY is an amazing clutch and will definatly help a ton of people choose a turbo for their DD/street cars that dont want stock frame or want to wait for spool on a 6262 or 35R size turbo.

Mod list
BR stage 3 2.0
BR cylinder head
Kelford 272
Cosworth crank scraper
ported IM
Ported TB
Cheap UICP
ETS 5857 turbo kit
Tial WG
Hallman MBC
Forge RS BOV
PTE 1200CC
Walbro pump
ACT HDSS clutch
Streetlite flywheel

and a TON of carbon fiber

OLD engine bay

Old Oil pan

Big thanks too:
David Buschur and BR for sending us the block/head in great time
Mike@AWD for the core head and talking wiht us on the 5857 for months
Michael@ETS for the great turbo kit

Last edited by Force-Fed Performance; Apr 25, 2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
promising results, can't wait to see that chart.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 03:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rules require you post a dyno graph in this section, either by photo or video. Simply posting the numbers, understood this may not be complete, is not acceptable. I will lock the thread, please pm me when you have a graph to post and i will reopen.