Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Virtual Dyno is available!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Geez brad so demanding...
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK ok ok ... Im getting a lot of logs that are missing TPS columns reported as errors. Its not an error. Its missing a vital column. You need to have RPM, TPS and TIME recorded to use Virtual Dyno.

Just another reminder. I will be changing the code to report errors and let you know what columns you are missing and so you can see when its missing a particular column.

Thanks,
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

I'm unsure if this is an isolated incident, but I am having an issue that is making 1.1.1 unusable for me. Every time I load an evoscan log and get the option to click the drop down windows for the log IE: gear select, car select, etc... the drop down menus are completely blank with zero options. 1.0.8 worked perfect for me.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 05:59 PM
Account Disabled

you're just too fast Ryu, turn the boost down and it'll pick them up! j/k that's a weird one. Try uninstalling, deleting the install folder and do a fresh install. I ran into a bug from 1.08 to 1.11 upgrade as well. The clean install cleared it up.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Racing
you're just too fast Ryu, turn the boost down and it'll pick them up! j/k that's a weird one. Try uninstalling, deleting the install folder and do a fresh install. I ran into a bug from 1.08 to 1.11 upgrade as well. The clean install cleared it up.

Your a funny guy . Unfortunately for me, I have tried that already and still a no go. I guess I'll just have to stay a bit behind with 1.0.8 until the next version is released. Hopefully just skipping over 1.1.1 will cure my issues. Either way, this is a fantastic program and I tip my hat off to the creator for a great contribution to the community.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Im afraid that the installer wont change with upcoming versions so if you cant get 1.1.1 installed then 1.1.2 wont fix it.

Im betting that you are not receiving the cars and columnnames updates which are distributed over the internet as soon as you install the program. They arent distributed in the installer. This is usually related to permissions not being adequate to be able to write to the install directory. Are you sure you are an admin on your machine? I dont mean a user that thinks they are an admin but your account is an administrator account? If you install 1.1.1 and there is no Cars subdirectory in the install folder (c:\program files\pnuema productions\Virtual Dyno\Cars) after you start it once, then you will know that you have a permission problem, or you arent connected to the internet.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
someone could just email him their cars folder and then that will fix it right? i noticed it connects to the internet everytime i open it and you also allow auto updates now.. and to think i used to use an excel based program and manually copy and paste data in to see results.

we went from a rusted pinto to a rolls royce as far as luxury ease of use goes.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I can send him a copy of the cars folder zipped up so he can get it working but there is a permission issue with him writing to that directory still and he wont receive updates. Id even try removing the Pnuema Productions folder in the program files directory and doing a clean install. That installer in 1.0.8 was ... for the lack of a better word ... crap. It did a lot of things that I didnt know what it was doing. Thats why I use NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) now. Its simple, does everything I need it to do. I can customize it like needed, and the installs are half the size of other installers. Its just oozes awesomeness.

But if you have all the cars you want in the cars folder ... then you can simply just put someones cars folder in there ... only thing is that columnames.xml is probably missing too. Its not shipped with the installer either.

I dont know if its a Rolls Royce yet ... but we are getting there. Ive got something super sneaky up my sleeve for the next release.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bbarnhill
WE've got something super sneaky up my sleeve for the next release.

Fixed it for ya.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha ... yeah ... you gripe and I code
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how well does it figure other cars? i logged my buddies s2000 through aem and it only shows 160hp which is less than stock, an he has a few bolt on's unless im doing something wrong?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ta ace
how well does it figure other cars? i logged my buddies s2000 through aem and it only shows 160hp which is less than stock, an he has a few bolt on's unless im doing something wrong?
When using AEM logs, make sure you export at 20hz, otherwise it will be wrong.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Hum ... what if we could graph any column along side HP and TQ ... just wondering what you all thought?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:44 AM
Account Disabled

1.12 Beta 11 seems to be working good for me
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Good deal ... Ill release it asap.

Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno is available!