Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.
View Poll Results: Should all Horspower Records be set or backed up MANDATORY on Dynojet Dyno??
YES
77.08%
NO
22.92%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Dyno Records.. We need 1 Standard of Measurement!!! Vote Now..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 04:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dyno Records.. We need 1 Standard of Measurement!!! Vote Now..

It seems when 1 Mustang Dyno / Dyno Dynamics shop leaves another 1 appears each as bad as the last.. I am not naming or referring to anyone in particular..

This has been discussed in the past and unanimously agreed upon that any shop to claim a dyno record that the only fair standard to use is the Dynojet.. A system that is by Fact the industry standard. A system that can only be manipulated by weather station but clearly prints out the correction of the run.. IF on a dynojet you were to see 250 degree dyno room temps in order to get a 15% correction it would be very clear someone put a heat source on the weather station.. or they were dynoing very close to the sun.. LOL

Unfortunately these other systems like MD and DD when in the wrong hands can simply change the vehicle weight or use the CTRL + X system and increase HP.. This makes competing with supposed records holders IMPOSSIBLE.. Unlike 1/4 mile tracks where there is a Standard of 1320ft that needs to be covered with dynos any operator can enter info into the system to make HP..

Id like to propose a POLL of YES or NO on whether or not a dynojet needs to be used to claim a HP Record along with the correction factor for that run be shown as well..

Lastly, my proposal is simply to help keep the industry HONEST as I dont have anything to gain personally.. My Signature is comprised of Track Times.. NOT HP records.. Lets have a constructive discussion.. I am not fingering any shops at all so this shouldnt be a flame war at all.. Thanks!!

Mike

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Aug 1, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good topic

Great topic, I am not sure what the best way to standardize is but this is very interesting not to just evos but all cars and bikes.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynojet > all. Unmanipulated numbers FTW!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

This is a great topic, some sort of standard would be ideal but on the flip side... Not all guys have access to dynojets, and not all shops use them... I get all my work done at STM and they have a Mustang dyno... Just as an example; I dont know that it would be fair to disregard a "record" they may attain simply because, they have a mustang dyno.

I agree that a standard would be ideal but how to get that standard without unfairly disregarding/alienating some legit people/shops/records at the same time would be a challenge.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:19 PM
Account Disabled

I dont own a Dynojet but im sure if i ever set a record Ill just drive down the road to use yours to solidify it. But youre absolutely correct screw numbers take it to the track if you cant drive it find a driver for it.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Agreed Mike... Uncorrected, STD or SAE??
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:48 PM

this a great topic
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Agreed. What's the point of measuring the same thing if there's a chance different sources could be completely off point weather it be unintentional or otherwise?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Agreed. What's the point of measuring the same thing if there's a chance different sources could be completely off point weather it be unintentional or otherwise?
HOLY **** I'M AGREEING WITH RYU...The world's coming to an end.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good point. I voted.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly, I never really cared about chasing dyno numbers so not much thought has gone into this. I guess if you are going for a HP record then sure there should be something in place.

-Em
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nauticabri
This is a great topic, some sort of standard would be ideal but on the flip side... Not all guys have access to dynojets, and not all shops use them... I get all my work done at STM and they have a Mustang dyno... Just as an example; I dont know that it would be fair to disregard a "record" they may attain simply because, they have a mustang dyno.

I agree that a standard would be ideal but how to get that standard without unfairly disregarding/alienating some legit people/shops/records at the same time would be a challenge.
Ill comment on this as STM is a friend of ours.. I was going for just the poll to see how many people felt like we do..

I would say Emery will probably never set a HP record with his dyno because it reads roughly 13% lower than ours,, I am by no means saying he isnt capable.. Im saying he is handicapped as an HONEST MD owner.. If he went BIG on something that everyone went small and he overcame the 13% deficit to set the record i would bet he would LOVE to visit a dynojet and up that record 13% more.. To me thats common sense..

Notice in 7 years Buschur has 0 HP records but set the fastest MPH ever in an EVO to date... The car had to be making some good HP..

I do not want this thread to become a shop debate PLEASE.. Not pointing fingers at you i am just making a statement ahead of time.. If anyone makes this shop vs. shop their post will kindly be asked to be deleted as not start a war and close the threads..
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think dynojet is not easily manipulated and the standard in all other car communities. Also the other thing to do is to remember what even the SAE states about their correction factor, if it is above 1.03 to disregard. It is not meant to be a correction factor for altitude but it meant to be for only weather.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with mike. I voted dynojet. My car has been on several dynojets. All read within of 2 hp.
The 3 mustangs I was on all read OFF.

Quick Reply: Dyno Records.. We need 1 Standard of Measurement!!! Vote Now..