Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Mikey's FP Black - 748WHP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RepoManEvo
wow nice build
stop post horing.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by localtoys73
stop post horing.
But, but... needz posts!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, so what does it run at the track?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PrimerSdime
Ok, so what does it run at the track?
believe it went 10.1 when tuned for 29psi. Don't think it ran down the 1/4 on this kill mode setting.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Yeah it was having some boost control issues and hasnt been able to make a pass at 41psi. It did run a 10.1@139 but I am not sure what the boost was. I believe it was more than 29 though as a nearly full weight car should be 700whp or so to run 139-140.

Aaron
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Yeah it was having some boost control issues and hasnt been able to make a pass at 41psi. It did run a 10.1@139 but I am not sure what the boost was. I believe it was more than 29 though as a nearly full weight car should be 700whp or so to run 139-140.

Aaron
Thanks John. Yea, I'm sure it was a lot more than 29 psi.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

I am reasonably certain it was 32-33.

Aaron
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
Account Disabled

It was at 32psi when it ran a 10.1. Car needs a refresh before we beat on it anymore. It's needs 3 easy parts swapped out and she's good to go again. Mikey has been on a crazy schedule at work and said We could drive it but I'll leave that up to him with all the time and money he's spent on the car. It'll be ready for next years shootout.

-Matt
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Its real simple for those other countries that don't get it...take the next most powerful BB fp black powered car and put it on the same dyno Mikey made this power on and i would bet a months worth of pay that Mikey's car would put down the higher number. Dyno numbers are a referrence and true performance enthusiasts know this. We as americans dont need other countries to explain to us how different dynos work and then berate our numbers because they are jealous over a number we just use as a referrence lol. Lighten this car up and put an execellent driver behind the wheel (not that mikey isnt said good driver but i dont know if he is or not ) and you have yourself the fastest bb fp black powered evo..its simple math...more hp with this kind of powerband equals a faster car. As far as racing, drag racing is americas tradiotional forte in the racing world (started by our big block, high displacement muscle head bretheren )...it is what we do. What dont knock other countries because they prefer x type of racing...i like any type of racing but for my budget and time, drag racing suits me the best...and i think evos do that pretty damn good. They are especially good as daily driven drag cars imo
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Wouldn't be too surprised if that record makes sense, I wouldn't debate it - not necessarily so much that they can't, as many others would have upgraded by this point. Not taking away from this - well too much, as obviously there is a lot of optimisation of the setup involved... but these kinds of records do kindof befuddle me a bit.

Originally Posted by tony gibson
As far as racing, drag racing is americas tradiotional forte in the racing world (started by our big block, high displacement muscle head bretheren )...it is what we do.
There was drag racing in NZ around a century ago :P Just the term hadn't been coined yet.

Last edited by MrLith; Nov 26, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flymx771
I'm gonna see if I can take a shot at this record in the next couple weeks. Is there a build thread for this car?
If you are so confident you can crack this record why would you need/want to see a build thread. Anytime i am interested in taking someone down and know i have the capability, i dont worry about what the other car has lol...not saying you can't just sayin lol
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Build list is pretty easy-

GSC R2s
ER ported head
ER 10.5:1 LR2.4
Magnus V5
Custom O2 dump
Custom ported Journal bearing Black
ETS 3.8" Garrett FMIC kit
ER Bosch double pumper fuel system
FIC 1450s

all the other normal suspects.

The car has changed since this though.

aaron
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought it was going to get a ToxicFab mani?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:15 PM
Account Disabled

It did get a custom toxicfab mani, along with one of the first BB FP Blacks! However the car has again changed a bit, we put a ported stock exhaust manifold and a JMF dump back on to test a new FP stock frame turbo... there is a thread for that as well...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...rd-815whp.html
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
This. If so, it's not really a Black anymore (or at most it's a highly modified Black). Of course with modification it's gonna make more power than advertised.
Sure it is still a Black! It has the same compressor wheel and the same turbine wheel as any other Black. The compressor housing is an FP surge port and the comp wheel is the standard Black compressor wheel. So, ultimately his compressor flows the same as a standard FP Black compressor...at least on paper.

The turbine wheel is the same as any other Black's turbine wheel. Even if it were a clipped Black turbine wheel. It would still be a Black. The turbine housing is the standard cast 10.5 MHI casting that has been ported.

If the turbine housing is ported....so what? Most Blacks have ported turbine housings. So, Mikey's has a more extreme port job than most from R/T Ernie. It is still an MHI 10.5 single puck housing even if the flapper is non-functional and there is a remote gate instead of an integral gate.

It is merely a ported FP Black in my book that is all. No big deal. It is still a stock framed turbo. The housings are stock castings. The wheels are the standard FP Black wheels AFAIK. So, what are you griping about?

Last edited by sparky; Nov 28, 2012 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Mikey's FP Black - 748WHP