Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Stock block BBK-Full @26 psi on 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by vweater1369
That torque curve really hits hard. Talk about snapping your neck back!
thats how this hks 7460 i just did on hks cams looks with 410/370 on 93oct. target is 440-450 with different boost control.. stupid thing was only holding 22psi at redline.

OP.. id like to see what it makes on the virtual dyno on the street if you can do that.

ps.. hes a road course car also.. i wonder if you know him, hes from nj and is attending an event may 16-17th.
he drags also tho, so im making 2 different maps for him.

Last edited by tscompusa2; May 5, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 5, 2011, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow nice power! i'm leaning more and more to the bbk. hope to purchase one in the future.
Old May 6, 2011, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice results with the BBK Full sir! I enjoyed my BBK Full a lot...27 psi & 93 oct. I made a pretty easy 410whp & 370wtq on Chad's dyno...I know have a BBK-B with a bit different setup...I am also tuning the car myself now...I highly suggest picking up a ported stock exhaust manifold & at least a ported Megan 02 housing...should net you some nice gains...Obviously you road course the car, any plans on taking it down the 1/4?
Old May 6, 2011, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've seen some great graphs for the bbk full, but on this one, I think the stock turbo might make it not worth the money. No offense
Old May 6, 2011, 09:27 AM

nice nice
Old May 6, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MOREPSiTEHBETT4
i've seen some great graphs for the bbk full, but on this one, I think the stock turbo might make it not worth the money. No offense
I experienced huge gains going from the stock turbo to the BBK-Full. With stock cams/turbo I was at 330 whp. With cams/BBK at the same boost I gained 65 whp with virtually no loss in spool. It's not even remotely close.

@06MREvo My only concern going down the 1/4 mile is the transfer case. I'm not really into drag racing, but I would be interested to see what the car could do. With an OEM transfer case and almost 400 awtq I'm concerned it will grenade as soon as I launch. I also don't run drag tires which makes wheel hop a real concern.

If I could get a ported manifold and o2 housing without using mine as a core I would consider it, because the car wouldn't be down for a super long time. Any recommendations for picking up a ported stock manifold without using mine? Are there companies that do the porting which would let me send my core in afterwards? I would do the downpipe at the same time. I'm curious what sort of gains I could get from a ported intake manifold as well with no head work.

I have a couple of videos of the car on the dyno on YouTube... I'll post the links later today.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blackenedwings
@06MREvo My only concern going down the 1/4 mile is the transfer case. I'm not really into drag racing, but I would be interested to see what the car could do. With an OEM transfer case and almost 400 awtq I'm concerned it will grenade as soon as I launch. I also don't run drag tires which makes wheel hop a real concern.

If I could get a ported manifold and o2 housing without using mine as a core I would consider it, because the car wouldn't be down for a super long time. Any recommendations for picking up a ported stock manifold without using mine? Are there companies that do the porting which would let me send my core in afterwards? I would do the downpipe at the same time. I'm curious what sort of gains I could get from a ported intake manifold as well with no head work.
I easily have over 100 1/4 mile passes with the stock transfer case, 6 spd trans & launching at no lower then 6k rpms! But I do understand you are worried about it. Its all about the driver and knowing how to launch the car and when to get out of it if its wheel hoping. I ran MAP's ported stock manifold for a while, on my FP Red & BBK Full setups. You can't really beat MAP's porting and coating. As far as 02 housings, I am running Toxicfab's 02 dump right now & I have been running 02 dumps for a while. Toxicfab is the last 02 dump I will own, great quality & fitment. Some people don't like 02 dumps so I would just suggest a ported Megan 02 housing. Those 2 things and a 3" downpipe would net you some nice gains in power. You would see gains going to a ported Intake mani & tb even on a stock unported head but for now I would just stick with upgrading the manifold, 02 housing & downpipe.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

MAP will ship you out the ported manifolds. you just send yours back after install.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome advice guys... I'll make it so!
Old May 6, 2011, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

So I'm looking at the o2 dumps, and I guess I have a few questions about them. I've never run an o2 dump on a car, and I'm curious what sort of gains I can expect and if it will cause any issues with stock ecu etc. I know that this is a bit of an argument topic as some people swear by the dumps and other people say 0 gains. Any links to back to back comparisons?
Old May 6, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm, I've been looking at MAP's stuff, they have some really nice pieces... do they offer a compatible o2 dump and downpipe? If so I'll just get that and their ported manifold and call it a day. I prefer to work with a handful of trusted companies than parts from all over the place. I've heard really good things about MAPs work. The manifold porting looks awesome.
Old May 6, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

^^ I have a MAP Coated and Ported Mani and love it.
Old May 6, 2011, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

So I'm looking at the o2 dumps, and I guess I have a few questions about them. I've never run an o2 dump on a car, and I'm curious what sort of gains I can expect and if it will cause any issues with stock ecu etc. I know that this is a bit of an argument topic as some people swear by the dumps and other people say 0 gains. Any links to back to back comparisons?
The o2 Dumps do add more power as it will not bottle neck in the begging of the DP and the good thing is they are quiet until you get on it. I dont have back to back charts but I had one and took it off as I did not have a good quility one but I lost roughly 18-20whp from my Dump setup. I also ran it on the Stock ECU as well with no issues you just have to tune for the extra power as will any major upgrade. Also you have more access to E85 then you know in MD. Here is some help for you. I used this and found a station 25 miles from my house and its on my way to work lol.

E85 Locator
Old May 7, 2011, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
The o2 Dumps do add more power as it will not bottle neck in the begging of the DP and the good thing is they are quiet until you get on it. I dont have back to back charts but I had one and took it off as I did not have a good quility one but I lost roughly 18-20whp from my Dump setup. I also ran it on the Stock ECU as well with no issues you just have to tune for the extra power as will any major upgrade. Also you have more access to E85 then you know in MD. Here is some help for you. I used this and found a station 25 miles from my house and its on my way to work lol.

E85 Locator
Yeah, I don't mind a bit of noise, my RX-8 is vastly louder than my Evo and I drive it all over.

As far as E85... there is a pump 8-9 miles from me, but I've been reluctant to switch over for a couple of reasons. I've been worried about the distances I drive weekly and the lack of pumps nearby. Driving to Agile Auto alone can take me over an hour depending on traffic and its the opposite direction from the only local E85 pump.

I would love to run E85 at the track, but I know Summit Point (and I think NJMP) does not offer it, and the closest pump to the track is over 30 miles away. Without a closed trailer to bring my own corn juice I wouldn't be able to run it on the track anyway.
Old May 7, 2011, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

I experienced huge gains going from the stock turbo to the BBK-Full. With stock cams/turbo I was at 330 whp. With cams/BBK at the same boost I gained 65 whp with virtually no loss in spool. It's not even remotely close.

I have a couple of videos of the car on the dyno on YouTube... I'll post the links later today.
i'm just saying, some people put down a lot better numbers on the stock turbo. I understand it might be easier to buy a new turbo and run at less boost, which might be better for the engine. When you say that you like the response and what not, i'm just saying that you COULD have pushed the stock turbo a lot further, and in turn, the results from the BBK imho aren't worth the upgrade from the bad *** stock turbo. Some people have pushed that stock turbo to ungoldly levels, now that would be a fun evo to drive.

Quick Reply: Stock block BBK-Full @26 psi on 93 octane