Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 9 Fp black - jms tuned 501whp 381tq

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bramage_Dained
I was kind of a phantom...

I still have the stock bottom end, I know I'm well into the danger zone with the E85 tune, yours looks much safer. I don't even have head studs.

Semi random: What do you have to do for vehicle inspections in TX? I might end up based out of Fort Sam Houston.

i guess ur right, i think i only seen your car once in the 2 years i was at campbell.

damn, and do you daily ur ride on that 456tq tune?

honestly idk about the inspection, i believe its only checking lights and brakes and ****, cuz its like $15-20 for the sticker. they dont do smog checks.

theres alot more cars out here than ky/tn wayyy more.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

I was DDing on that E85 tune, until my QM clutch had a disagreement with the input shaft of the trans. Once I fix it I'll go back to doing so. I have a few hours of track time, and ~30 launches/runs on that tune. With a lot of freeway pulls.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bramage_Dained
I was DDing on that E85 tune, until my QM clutch had a disagreement with the input shaft of the trans. Once I fix it I'll go back to doing so. I have a few hours of track time, and ~30 launches/runs on that tune. With a lot of freeway pulls.
thats whats up, im a lil over 400 as of tonight. just want my sh... to stay together until i can buy a map motor..
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice numbers jmcmill3... One question! When you use 93 oct how much boost do you ran???
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn the Black is laggy on a Stock 2.0. I have a red and hit 300 FP's of Torque at 4000 RPM's exactly. You hit 300FP's at 3900. I see you have an external gate, did you convert yours to Single scroll as wel?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
ok so i am his original tuner.. and we tweaked it last night. thanks to jms for fixing all bugs the car had.. downpipe smashing into the oil pan, fuel pump issues, boost leaks, etc.

heres where we are so far vs the old tune he had on dyno when put into virtual dyno. JMS knew i was gonna redo it so they just gave him something temp conservative.

but here is where it is right now and theres more timing in the car yet uptop:

the original red vd graph i gave him he posted up i had the gearbox set to a 8 instead of 9 so the real number is above in blue since this
vehicle has a 9 gearbox.

Mods added: omni4bar & grimmspeed 3 port / ecu boost.

boost wont really go much past 31-32 at this point.. i suspect the bov is leaking ( stock bov). (we will be changing that asap and not continuing the tuning session until that is delt with, otherwise the turbo risks of being overspun).

car has the potential to hit i believe 580 once were all said and done.. and hope he can run some 130mph traps with it.

he changed back to stock tires for my tune & the jms pull in blue was the dyno tune with 255/35/18

Last edited by tscompusa; Oct 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Damn the Black is laggy on a Stock 2.0. I have a red and hit 300 FP's of Torque at 4000 RPM's exactly. You hit 300FP's at 3900. I see you have an external gate, did you convert yours to Single scroll as wel?
its a single scroll fp black and as you can see i made it spool a bit quicker then before. more tweaking on it after he fixes bov. should hit 580ish, maybe 600. could put the tq in the upper 400's but he dont want it past 450 on stock block.

Last edited by tscompusa; Oct 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
its a single scroll fp black and as you can see i made it spool a bit quicker then before. more tweaking on it after he fixes bov. should hit 580ish, maybe 600. could put the tq in the upper 400's but he dont want it past 450 on stock block.
amazing!!!!!!!!! I wish that power level in my car!!!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

on 93 i ran 28-30psi, but was never completely tuned on pump

yeah its a big laggy, but i have alot of things adding to that, like tom mentioned its basically a single scroll since it has no internal wastegate parts. im ok with that tho, cuz the external wastegate holds boost very very well. im also on a megan exh mani, which im sure doesnt help with the spool too much. im def impressed w/ the gains nonetheless. because getting some better quality parts is just going to make more power

as for the bov, yes its time to upgrade, im on a forge bov tho, not a stocker, but now it flutters bad, before the tune i would only get the flutter in 5th gear lol.

btw tom, how hard is it to do a vent to atmosphere bov? (tune wise)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jmcmill3
on 93 i ran 28-30psi, but was never completely tuned on pump

yeah its a big laggy, but i have alot of things adding to that, like tom mentioned its basically a single scroll since it has no internal wastegate parts. im ok with that tho, cuz the external wastegate holds boost very very well. im also on a megan exh mani, which im sure doesnt help with the spool too much. im def impressed w/ the gains nonetheless. because getting some better quality parts is just going to make more power

as for the bov, yes its time to upgrade, im on a forge bov tho, not a stocker, but now it flutters bad, before the tune i would only get the flutter in 5th gear lol.

btw tom, how hard is it to do a vent to atmosphere bov? (tune wise)
i run a forge type RS in my car with max spring tension (came with car) and it holds up to 40psi on a leak test just fine. but yes it flutters if you dont drive the car with proper throttle pressure around town. (dont part throttle the car and let it build boost.. causes surge)

are you using a older forge or newer? also contact me on yahoo we will find a bov for you..

as for venting to atmosphere.. its not recommended on the MAF.. we would need to switch the car over to speed density.

Last edited by tscompusa; Oct 13, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i run a forge type RS in my car with max spring tension (came with car) and it holds up to 40psi on a leak test just fine. but yes it flutters if you dont drive the car with proper throttle pressure around town. (dont part throttle the car and let it build boost.. causes surge)

are you using a older forge or newer? also contact me on yahoo we will find a bov for you..

as for venting to atmosphere.. its not recommended on the MAF.. we would need to switch the car over to speed density.
On a speed density set up, more power is available to be gained, right? As for BOV selection with a speed density set up, would a Tial BOV do the job?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pure_evo
On a speed density set up, more power is available to be gained, right? As for BOV selection with a speed density set up, would a Tial BOV do the job?
since you can free up some restriction at the intake pipe yes it will gain usually.

yes a tial bov will do the job and then some. tial makes excellent products.

Jason decided to go with a Synapse though so he can recirculate.. synapse also makes a great blow off valve system. we will get back to his tune once that arrives and search for a bit more top end then he will head back to the track and hopefully we get some good times.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

since you can free up some restriction at the intake pipe yes it will gain usually.

yes a tial bov will do the job and then some. tial makes excellent products.
Awesome. Thank you.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Awesome. Thank you.
not a problem.. as soon as the bov gets to him (i sent it fedex overnight for free) we will get to extracting more power then get the car to his local track to see if we can get some high traps. if i can get the car in the 600 range then he should get it to trap 130 i think? will update his new thread once we do it.

wouldn't hurt to have a 4th evo on stock block running 10's.. those look good on my resume lol.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

not a problem.. as soon as the bov gets to him (i sent it fedex overnight for free) we will get to extracting more power then get the car to his local track to see if we can get some high traps. if i can get the car in the 600 range then he should get it to trap 130 i think? will update his new thread once we do it.

wouldn't hurt to have a 4th evo on stock block running 10's.. those look good on my resume lol.
I like how that sounds. I am impressed more and more about what the stock block can achieve with the right tune and complement of parts.

Quick Reply: Evo 9 Fp black - jms tuned 501whp 381tq