Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

evo 8 stock block 93oct fp red bb speed density .

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wanguru
Still strong numbers for only 26lbs. Any noticeable difference in sound on the BB vs the JB versions?
Spoolup is the same, however once spooled it stays spooled and throttle response is SIGNIFICANTLY improved. I have run both a JB Red and a BB Red and the difference is immense. Could not believe it.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he'll have my car tomorrow we will see how she does .
Old Aug 6, 2012, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I thought the software automatically updated and/or asked? I guess not, I will look into it. Thanks for the advice both Tom and Jay!

Btw to me the BB version seems a little quieter..however it's marginal.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 04:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
Spoolup is the same, however once spooled it stays spooled and throttle response is SIGNIFICANTLY improved. I have run both a JB Red and a BB Red and the difference is immense. Could not believe it.
It does spool a hair sooner if you tune for it, but its very very marginal as you said you couldnt notice it.

and i agree with you regarding the throttle response.. thats the biggest plus with the ball bearing. its night and day difference!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ExViTermini
I thought the software automatically updated and/or asked? I guess not, I will look into it. Thanks for the advice both Tom and Jay!

Btw to me the BB version seems a little quieter..however it's marginal.
no problem man. glad we could help you. ya 1.1.9 just released a day ago i think to the public.

1.1.9 is the best dyno simulator there is flat out.. absolutely badass program with no bugs that i can see and i use it everyday.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Gotta love the transient response...
Old Aug 7, 2012, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Best I could do with time and roadspace allotted. Wish I could have started pull earlier but somebody was impatient behind me, it's not perfect anyway as you can see, but only 7hp diff between 1&6 smoothing. Hot and humid as hell here today, sux to work in lol.

Car has 265/35/18 tires hence the tire size diff(marginal) and I had my gf the trusty laptop operator with me as well.

New 1.1.9 software is faster and smoother, me likey! Thanks to you guys for your continued hard work on it and your eagerness to help others, one of the reasons I like this community so much!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Me likey
Old Aug 7, 2012, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Definitely stronger numbers than avg red/pump setups at only 26lbs! How much do you think the SD setup is helping with the top end?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:15 PM
Former Sponsor

looks good but i only share uncorrected numbers. what did it make uncorrected? 460ish?

also no that graph is fine 7hp from 1-6 is perfect! just post it uncorrected without the SAE crap checked.

Last edited by tscompusa; Aug 7, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry I thought it would help with accuracy, I guess not! Dually noted!

Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:38 PM
Former Sponsor

i think smoothing 3 would best represent this cars power post that one up with no SAE checked.

good job on the tune.

wanguru.. its mainly because of the tubular manifold giving it the edge uptop and the 3 port holding rock solid boost. the dump helps quite a bit also.

those things will set it apart from the rest. then it has good cams, etc.. numbers are dead on what they should be for this setup.

if its got a 4" intake for the sd thats another 10whp atleast at this boost level on this size turbo.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting to note that the intake would help that much....didn't really think it would improve that drastically. It has a 3" on it at the moment.

Thanks for the kind words Tom I just try to keep the few that I help tune safe.

Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
i think smoothing 3 would best represent this cars power post that one up with no SAE checked.

good job on the tune.

wanguru.. its mainly because of the tubular manifold giving it the edge uptop and the 3 port holding rock solid boost. the dump helps quite a bit also.

those things will set it apart from the rest. then it has good cams, etc.. numbers are dead on what they should be for this setup.

if its got a 4" intake for the sd thats another 10whp atleast at this boost level on this size turbo.
i tried to find a 4 inch intake no luck it currently has a stm 3 inch
Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hks-evo
i tried to find a 4 inch intake no luck it currently has a stm 3 inch
AMS has a 4" so does JMFAB. i thought STM had a 4" also. i would try swapping to a 4" and see if you pickup some more power.

---

the number i had in my head from the beginning for this car and its mods was 470 and it looks like you guys nailed it.

maybe it wont pickup anymore power im not sure with a 4" but if you can source one to test it would be worth the test and it shouldn't require any tuning really.

if not, the numbers you got now are good.. so its understandable if you wanna just leave it alone.

wait till it gets colder you will gain a lot more power

Quick Reply: evo 8 stock block 93oct fp red bb speed density .