Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

New Stock Appearing HP Record..........815WHP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numbers are numbers, regardless if the turbo is released yet. It still beat the record and if you want to say that, not a problem because I still hold the last record at 750whp. Record record when you make these numbers you can have the title sir.

The only reason it wouldnt be released is because its $5,000. Only certain people would even be interested. :/

Mikey

Last edited by Mikey@Spec-Ops; Nov 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:31 PM

So it's not a fp black turbo. But the black is almost the same as a 35r turbo. Maybe this may be the testing of the first 6262 stock frame turbo. I really hope so because I'm waiting. FP please we need this to happen.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be interested...highly if it's 5k, does it jack me off too?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

The Black is a 35r. This Turbo is so expensive because there is something special that it uses that had to designed and built. They only have the ability to make 5 turbos total. It isn't cheap when you can't use a single piece from a stock turbo. I'll tell you its def not a 6262, it will make more power too. This was only the 3rd pull and we realized we needed to make an adjustment before going any further. 815whp is just the beginning I hope it goes into production, it will just take awhile to get the parts built to even make them. And trust me when I say you will pay... Most likely only sell in group buys and will likely need to be paid for before building begins. I will tell you I am impressed...

Mikey
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
Not to be mr negative here but how can you guys claim a new stock appearing turbo record if the thing isn't even out yet? Impressive #'s none the less.
Because its a stock appearing turbo... and its the highest HP recorded to date on one.

If this thing goes into production, and everyone else gets to use it, there is now a number to shoot for. Just like the FP Black when it came out.

It's really amazing to me how shops can post an unbiased review of a setup, give credit to absolutely everyone ever involved with the car and still people have to look at the glass as half empty.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

The whole reason we got the turbo is to push it to its limit, try to break it, give it hell to the point of no return. We test them for a reason, if there are issues we can get everything worked out before it goes on someone else's car.We are here to make a good turbo better so when you buy one you are getting the best turbo possible.

Mikey
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
Because its a stock appearing turbo... and its the highest HP recorded to date on one.

If this thing goes into production, and everyone else gets to use it, there is now a number to shoot for. Just like the FP Black when it came out.

It's really amazing to me how shops can post an unbiased review of a setup, give credit to absolutely everyone ever involved with the car and still people have to look at the glass as half empty.
Ok for one we do not know its a stock frame turbo, I trust Josh and the rest of Spec Ops to test well and to listen to what they have to say. Second its not even in production yet, so for me to be skeptical about what it actually is and second guessing is pretty normal. It has nothing to do with what a shop posts and or gives credit to, I simply said how can it be a new record if the things not even out yet and people really have no idea wtf it is. That is not really being negitive that asking a simple questions. So with that said get the nut off your face from nut swinging and let them answer to me. I trust them enough to give me answers that make since rather then nutswingers do.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops
The whole reason we got the turbo is to push it to its limit, try to break it, give it hell to the point of no return. We test them for a reason, if there are issues we can get everything worked out before it goes on someone else's car.We are here to make a good turbo better so when you buy one you are getting the best turbo possible.

Mikey
Mikey I think its awsome that you guys get to test stuff like that but sorry I don't wanna say it shouldn't be said I wish it was out already so we all could have seen what its capable of doing thats all I ment. Its like saying I have a 300 mph production car thats due out 5 years from now ya know.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Ok for one we do not know its a stock frame turbo, I trust Josh and the rest of Spec Ops to test well and to listen to what they have to say. Second its not even in production yet, so for me to be skeptical about what it actually is and second guessing is pretty normal. It has nothing to do with what a shop posts and or gives credit to, I simply said how can it be a new record if the things not even out yet and people really have no idea wtf it is. That is not really being negitive that asking a simple questions. So with that said get the nut off your face from nut swinging and let them answer to me. I trust them enough to give me answers that make since rather then nutswingers do.
I'm guessing you missed this key part... I tuned it ! Lol. So as amazing as it would be to accomplish, I can't swing on my own lol. And then I guess doubting it being stock frame would also be a simple answer... Pictures on the first post.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:50 PM

Dude, It is a stock frame turbo bolted to a stock ported Exhaust Manifold. It looks just like a FP black.

If it was not a stock appearing turbo then we would not have posted a stock appearing turbo record thread.

Instead of arguing over it why not just call Robert at FP and tell him you want to test it.

As bigric09 (Jason) and myself are the one's who put the turbo on it. He tuned it on the dyno and I drove it on the dyno. We are not here to feed a bunch of B.S.

That stock appearing turbo that you see pictured on the original post made 815 AWHP. That's it, there is no other way to explain it.

Last edited by 90blackawdtsi; Nov 11, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
815 Hp with stock ported manifold.Wow That is one dangerous stock looking Evo. Good luck
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by bigric09
I'm guessing you missed this key part... I tuned it ! Lol. So as amazing as it would be to accomplish, I can't swing on my own lol. And then I guess doubting it being stock frame would also be a simple answer... Pictures on the first post.
I prob did hahaha. I am not doubting its a stock frame turbo at all I think we are all confused in what I am really saying

Originally Posted by 90blackawdtsi
Dude, It is a stock frame turbo bolted to a stock ported Exhaust Manifold. It looks just like a FP black.

If it was not a stock appearing turbo then we would not have posted a stock appearing turbo record thread.

Instead of arguing over it why not just call Robert at FP and tell him you want to test it.

As bigric09 (Jason) and myself are the one's who put the turbo on it. He tuned it on the dyno and I drove it on the dyno. We are not here to feed a bunch of B.S.

That stock appearing turbo that you see pictured on the original post made 815 AWHP. That's it, there is no other way to explain it.
Look I am not argueing its not bad *** ok. I am just saying wouldnt it have been easier to just wait till it came out before saying you have another record? I am not doubting you guys in anyways and I am excited because I really dig ur guys shop and all.

Last edited by CurseDSM; Nov 11, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Look I am not argueing its not bad *** ok. I am just saying wouldnt it have been easier to just wait till it came out before saying you have another record? I am not doubting you guys in anyways and I am excited because I really dig ur guys shop and all.
Easier was not our concern. What we posted was truth, and to be honest I'd like to hear results of what is about to come out before buying it to find out, or worse, buying something now because I didn't know something else was coming later and then later regret the purchase I just made. If this setup would have made less HP than the record, this thread would have still been made, just with a different title.... However, during our testing, we happened to break that record and we are proud to have done so, and that's what we posted because it is the truth. With that being said, We appreciate your support... And we hope to continue to earn that from yourself and the rest of the community as that is what drives us.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
was this at sea level?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Subscribed for updates. Need to convert my black to a BB but would upgrade if this turbo came out. Should be called the Blue turbo.

Quick Reply: New Stock Appearing HP Record..........815WHP