Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Toxicfab ff stock t mani vs standard/tubular stock t mani

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 03:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Thugline
So then I should def run it with the filter on if I do plan on going with the ff setup?
absolutely. the only FF kit that i know of that still can use the filter is Buschurs. maybe there are others though.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
absolutely. the only FF kit that i know of that still can use the filter is Buschurs. maybe there are others though.

All four of my Forward Facing manifolds clear with filters while maintaining a true forward facing turbo position.

Collin
Old Jun 7, 2013, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ToxicFab
All four of my Forward Facing manifolds clear with filters while maintaining a true forward facing turbo position.

Collin
So then I can drive my Evo daily safely w/o worrying about damaging my turbo or motor as long as I have the filter on turbo?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 06:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Let me rephrase it then; "I want to get the most power w/o blowing my motor".
Then by not using a filter you will not accomplish your wishes,,, no filter means all types of small dirt particles will make it into the combustion chambers and blast your cylinder walls up to the end...
Old Jun 7, 2013, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

So then I can drive my Evo daily safely w/o worrying about damaging my turbo or motor as long as I have the filter on turbo?

Obviously you can still damage your motor, but not do to a forward facing turbo. I would reccomend to anyone to run a filter.

As to daily with the turbo, it sure can be done and many do this.

Collin
Old Jun 7, 2013, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

So it's settled. Ff mani it is.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run a JDL FF setup and have had a vibrant filter on my setup and now a k&N.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I run a JDL FF setup and have had a vibrant filter on my setup and now a k&N.
Any problems? U drive it daily?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

doesnt running a filter on a FF defeat the purpose of FF setup? I mean the filter is going to be a shield pretty much.

FF w/o filter and drag car. Or T3 street car IMO
Old Jun 7, 2013, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
doesnt running a filter on a FF defeat the purpose of FF setup? I mean the filter is going to be a shield pretty much.

FF w/o filter and drag car. Or T3 street car IMO
That's y I wanted to see if there was any difference between a standard tubular manifold vs a ff facing manifold w/the air filter on.?.?.?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Apparently,know one has comparison charts between the two manifolds.

Last edited by Thugline; Jun 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Apparently,know one has comparison charts between the two manifolds.
No comperrision charts, but the data and info is clear as day as I've mentioned to you Via email. Just because a filter is on my forward facing set up does not mean it will not out perform my stock replacement or any other. The Info provided you with is what we know and I'll go over it again for everyone reading to see

The benefits of my Stock frame forward facing manifold/hot parts kit...

Improved runner design do to the freedom of turbo placement. Not being limited to the very tight fitting manifolds built in a factory location. This alone will make more power and be a more efficient manifold over all.

The factory o2 housings all use a extremely tight radius or cheater cut to get past the AC compressor. This tight radius bend is 100% eliminated with the kit and still retains the factory donut gasket. Again more efficient then the factory location.

The J pipe included in the kit is also much bigger then the factory compressor outlet pipe. Starting a 2" and merging to 2.5" with a smooth transition also far away from the engine block which can with out a doubt heat soak the factory steel pipe.

Topping it all off, the forward facing aspect. Fresh cool air not effected by elevated engine bay temps. Running no filter at the track (as many do) leads to further help the turbos efficienty because of "forced air" at high speeds. However I don't reccomend running no filter.

This and Tyler wolf at DynoTechTunings drag Evo using the set up broke and holds the worlds fastest stock turbo Evo at 10.1 in the 1/4 mile. Also highest HP stock turbo Evo from my understanding.

The info posted is for information to enlighten the OP and others in the thread. Not to in any way generate sales.

Collin
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

What is the point of going to a forward facing manifold? You can make more than enough power to nuke a stock bottom end with a ported OEM manifold and your EF4. Hell, I'm fairly certain you could do it with an UNported stock manifold. What I am trying to get across is why compromise the car's cooling capability if it is your daily? You said you want to maximize power potential....yet you don't have a motor capable of surviving long with the wick turned all the way to kill. Seems a bit counterintuitive to me.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Any problems? U drive it daily?
No problems and yes I drive it daily. Same kit on my previous evo and there wern't any signs of damage related to the FF orientation

I'm not stock frame anymore but..........
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
What is the point of going to a forward facing manifold? You can make more than enough power to nuke a stock bottom end with a ported OEM manifold and your EF4. Hell, I'm fairly certain you could do it with an UNported stock manifold. What I am trying to get across is why compromise the car's cooling capability if it is your daily? You said you want to maximize power potential....yet you don't have a motor capable of surviving long with the wick turned all the way to kill. Seems a bit counterintuitive to me.
You are absolutely right.
But like everything else the choice is out there.

Quick Reply: Toxicfab ff stock t mani vs standard/tubular stock t mani