Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TSComptuned Evo 9 BR 2.3 BR HTA86 FF Turbo kit DI M2's E85 | 770WHP+

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2013, 03:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
TSComptuned Evo 9 BR 2.3 BR HTA86 FF Turbo kit DI M2's E85 | 770WHP+

John came to me recently to tune his car that was all built in house at Buschur Racing. I knew it was going to tune easy because it was built by a knowledgeable business and had all high quality parts on it. The car tuned much easier than i originally thought. My basemap got it running very well, then from there we just fine tuned all other aspects in for the mods and so forth.

Having prior experience with similar mods on other cars, i knew this was going to make big power. Me and John slowly transformed the car into a beast, flash by flash.
One of the downfalls in doing it remote however is me not being able to feel my actual work in action, which sucks. i'm sure this car is an animal!

I only got one run in at this boost level due to traction issues, but about 2psi less it made 753whp. John said the car absolutely flys. It rips 3rd gear apart on the parkway in NY.

Temps when we were doing the tuning was roughly around 65F at night.
Fuel is 85% ethanol mix
ECU is Stock ECU + tephra v7 SD / 4bar / mbc for now

Mods are:

BR 2.3
BR Stage 3 head
BR FF FP HTA3586R turbo kit w/ 1.03 A/R Tial vband - coated mani, 02, dump
BR catback with SD muffler w/ "test pipe"
BR 65mm throttle body
BR intercooler piping "short route" w/ Tial Q bov
BR Race FMIC
BR Double pumper
ID2000cc injectors
Driven Innovations intake manifold
BR coil on plug w/ CDI box
Cosworth M2 cams

Graph this bad boy produced at two different boost levels /w timing adjustments:

This setup spools exceptionally well also which is a huge plus.

John will be installing GSC S3's & a 3 port within the next month or so and I will share what we get from M2 to S3's that should be interesting! We were gonna turn it up even more, but since it made so much power with where the boost is at now, he was happy where it was for now.

Engine bay:

Last edited by tscompusa; Jul 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow awesome! Good job Tom, that's getting r dun!... Goes to show what a good build, good parts and an amazing tuner can do.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way that spools is incredible.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for sharing this tom, this car is insane at wot to say the least lol.. 3rd and 4th gear go by in a flash! the car has traction issues on the parkway haha

i am also amazed on how well the car drives around town if it wasnt for the exhaust being soo loud "which i like" you would prob think my car is almost stock, it has zero stalling issues, rock solid idle and is actually easy to drive the car around tom had def proved himself to me!

im ditching the small m2 cams soon and will be installing the s3's that are sitting in my room

BIG BIG THANKS TOO-

Tom for his skills and concern that was put into my car and where i get most online parts from!!

Buschur Racing for being the most bad *** evo shop on the planet supplying my power parts!!

without these guys the evo would just not be the same to me, so i am grateful for what they do!!

John

Last edited by bbyevo8u; May 8, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
thanks for sharing this tom, this car is insane at wot to say the least lol.. 3rd and 4th gear go by in a flash! the car has traction issues on the parkway haha

i am also amazed on how well the car drives around town if it wasnt for the exhaust being soo loud "which i like" you would prob think my car is almost stock, it has zero stalling issues, rock solid idle and is actually easy to drive the car around tom had def proved himself to me!

im ditching the small m2 cams soon and will be installing the s3's that are sitting in my room

BIG BIG THANKS TOO-

Tom for his skills and concern that was put into my car!!

Buschur Racing for being the most bad *** evo shop on the planet supplying my power parts!!

STM for being another bad *** evo shop that i get online parts from!!

without these guys the evo would just not be the same to me, so i am grateful for what they do!!

John
Well John, I'm very happy for you. It takes a lot of time, patience and money to get to where your car is and it's not easy. The fact that you finally made it and can talk about it is awesome! Enjoy it man, some of us can only hope to be there with you one day.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great Combo! Fast Spooling Strong Trq and HP! That's got to be tons of Fun.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
Well John, I'm very happy for you. It takes a lot of time, patience and money to get to where your car is and it's not easy. The fact that you finally made it and can talk about it is awesome! Enjoy it man, some of us can only hope to be there with you one day.

you hit it on the head

thanks man!!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THIS is what an 86 powerband should look like. Crazy spool considering the turbine housing size.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

nice
Old Aug 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

any problem with a 1/2 size radiator?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:11 AM

Awesome setup what kind of fuel pumps are you running?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

BR double pumper!

this is not my daily driver but i been driving the car a lot lately and my coolant temps dont change when the car is warmed up and driving around town.. i got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic one day last week for just under a hour with temps in the high 80's and i got a little nervous lol but the car had no problems.. i think it help a lot that i have all my hot parts coated keeps engine bay temps way down, im actually thinking about heat wrapping the rest of my exhaust the whole way back lol it will keep heat away, help exhaust velocity and help quiet my exhaust up a bit
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

BR double pumper!

this is not my daily driver but i been driving the car a lot lately and my coolant temps dont change when the car is warmed up and driving around town.. i got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic one day last week for just under a hour with temps in the high 80's and i got a little nervous lol but the car had no problems.. i think it help a lot that i have all my hot parts coated keeps engine bay temps way down, im actually thinking about heat wrapping the rest of my exhaust the whole way back lol it will keep heat away, help exhaust velocity and help quiet my exhaust up a bit
What size is the fan on the small radiator ?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragking2189
What size is the fan on the small radiator ?
I run I believe the same raditor and 12an hose, If you run this fan you are all set in any heat..

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/fal_fan.htm

The other small fans might work, but that bad boy pulls a lot of air away from the entire radiator.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 03:01 PM

BR double pumper!

Are you running walbro's 255s?

Quick Reply: TSComptuned Evo 9 BR 2.3 BR HTA86 FF Turbo kit DI M2's E85 | 770WHP+