Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

How does this Virtual Dyno graph look?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
Appreciate all the replies fellas

The only future upgrades Im planning are an FP black turbo setup, only because Im getting EVERYTHING to bolt it on dirty cheap. Run that until the stock motor gives up and then drop in a built Buschur block.

I hear a lot of bad about the Injen intake. I think its better than stock but I think this summer I will upgrade to a better piping and intake kit.

The water/meth injection is really just a knock preventative measure for me. I was getting 1-2 counts of random knock in my pulls even with low timing numbers, so I use 1 gallon of distilled water and one bottle of HEET to get about a 10% mix of water/meth. I immediately noticed my knock go away and was even able to get up to 6 degrees peak timing at 4500/full boost with no knock. I cut it back down to 2-3 degrees just to save my engine some abuse. But yes, Im sure if I get tuned on 93 and with a proper mix of water/meth I could make more power
I think you will be surprised at how much the car will pick up with better piping and speed density with those cams. Also the drivability will vastly improve. But I think you have a very fun set up. Honestly the most enjoyable evos ive driven have been stock turbo cars with a 272 Kelford or a Cosworth 272 (same specs) on speed density running E85. Nasty cars. Another fun set up is a Evo 8 with a MHI housing FPRED using a set of S2's. I currently have a black that I haven't installed so we will see about that.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ZanarkO
I think you will be surprised at how much the car will pick up with better piping and speed density with those cams. Also the drivability will vastly improve. But I think you have a very fun set up. Honestly the most enjoyable evos ive driven have been stock turbo cars with a 272 Kelford or a Cosworth 272 (same specs) on speed density running E85. Nasty cars. Another fun set up is a Evo 8 with a MHI housing FPRED using a set of S2's. I currently have a black that I haven't installed so we will see about that.
The car is really fun to drive actually, and I have tephra mods so NLTS helps the fun factor a lot. I have that never ending itch for more power though. I'll look into new piping before going for a tune
Old Feb 25, 2016, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah its all about preference, now that Im on my fourth evo Ive gone through alot of different turbos and choices. Me personally I just want a big power stock block car with not alot invested so I went with a FP Black. It will be terrible for autocrossing or back roads but its going to be more of a keep in the garage type car. Sorta the opposite of rational thought lol, but ive done the small turbo thing and that gets me into alot of trouble. With a big turbo I find myself not beating on the car as much since I need alot more "room" to enjoy the car. With a stock turbo Im beating on the car everywhere I go getting myself into ish lol.