Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Early Response Lowjack

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early Response Lowjack

Hey guys I have a 2006 WW Evo RS and had the lowjack system install along with their early response system. If my car is moved lowjack will immediately call 5 phone numbers that I choose and tell me that my car has been moved without my presence in the car. I love it, although it costs $1,200. I think its a worthwhile investment in security for such a sought after car for theifs. Anyone eles have lowjack?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

I don't have lo-jack but I have been thinking of getting a gps tracking system for the car. DEI and a few other companies make similar products. Lo-jack works great though from what I hear.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That is a GPS tracking system. The original LoJack is worthless old technology, this is how it should be and this type of product has been available for years and I would buy it from a reputable security company like Directed electronics than a sham of a company like LoJack.

Bill
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

What GPS would you recommend then?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

I got it!! just make sure you test the unit like every 3 months to insure the battery works.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

what happen if they put your car in a STEEL container like those big rigs trailer??? or a STEEL warehouse? Correct me if im wrong, but i know lo-jack would be useless. and what about GPS, can they detect it from a Steel container??
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:22 PM

LoJack and GPS would be alerted when the car was moved before it was placed in the truck, if I am not mistaken!
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Lojack is a complete waste of money!!!! I have 2 kill switches on my car(1 for everyday use and the second for when I will be away from my car longer) that do the job and cost less then $20 bucks! Sure someone could tow it, but I cant see spending $1200.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by BillAce
That is a GPS tracking system. The original LoJack is worthless old technology, this is how it should be and this type of product has been available for years and I would buy it from a reputable security company like Directed electronics than a sham of a company like LoJack.

Bill
I agree. I bought Lojack for my 94 300ZX in 1998. (Lojack was brand new then I guess) Anyway, I was jacked for my car (thank God I wasn't shot) but as the guy was getting in my car I had 911 already on the phone. Short story... the police told me I had to have an officer come out to take a full report, they in turn had to fwd this to 2 or 3 different places b4 they would turn the system on. (Even though I was telling them the guy had just robbed me at gunpoint and was about to drive away in the car) Finally about 3-4 hrs later they turned it on and within 15min or so had a lock on it's location. However, the 4 hrs gave the thief plenty of time to gut my car (5k stereo, CD's, t-tops, leather seats, etc...) Thankfully I've never had to use it again but from the 1st and only experience I had w/ them is that their product and methods of using it sucked.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BillAce

Bill
I know it is. I was merely saying that I am interested in getting one from another vendor such as DEI.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 06:23 AM

I think 1,200 is a worthwhile investment in knowing if your car is being stolen via driven away or towed, especially if you have early response you will know almost immediately when your car is moved and will have a better chance at recovering your car the earlier you notify the police. Thats why I bought it...
Old Jul 22, 2006, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

I would have taken $800 of that for a radio, as the RS comes without one, and the other $400 for an alarm with kill switches, as stated above... but to each his own...
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I have one, along with Viper 791XV alarm.
I paid $599 with early warning system, I felt it was good investment to have extra protection along with Viper alarm. If anyone is interested in Lojack, I would recommend it. But not for dealers full asking price.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

speak of the devil ... mine just went off. I drove the car with the transponder.. Battery must be dead
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbolover
Lojack is a complete waste of money!!!! I have 2 kill switches on my car(1 for everyday use and the second for when I will be away from my car longer) that do the job and cost less then $20 bucks! Sure someone could tow it, but I cant see spending $1200.
Funny, you cant see spending $1200 to protect a $30,000+ car...