Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Evo owners What car alarm do you own?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 02:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DontRevMe
thus a paging alarm.
also useless...i've set off many alarms just driving by or parking a few spots away from someone with a alarm. and my exhaust is stock and i don't even rev it up. point is there are far too many false alarms that eventually when its for real no one pays attention to it. its like the girl that cried wolf once too many.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Golovko
also useless...i've set off many alarms just driving by or parking a few spots away from someone with a alarm. and my exhaust is stock and i don't even rev it up. point is there are far too many false alarms that eventually when its for real no one pays attention to it. its like the girl that cried wolf once too many.
and many people have had their pager go off and caught theives in the act...
Old Aug 25, 2006, 08:03 PM

i still go and check my car everytime the proximity sensor goes off 2 times consecutively. if it goes off once then i don't check.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:57 AM

Viper 791XV with lojack and 20% all around tint. This alarm has little transponder that sends a relay signal to the car every few seconds to make sure nothing's changed, and no sensors have been triggered.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

if you DON'T want your evo stolen, then I'd get a Ravelco (www.ravelco.com), otherwise, if you want to just cause a lot of racket, get a vamped up Viper alarm. . .

I've had my ravelco for months now, and have the peace of mind knowing NO ONE can take the car, and if it's flatbedded, they won't EVER get it started. . .now, the stuff inside might get stolen, but at least my $35k is okay. . .
Old Aug 29, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
if you DON'T want your evo stolen, then I'd get a Ravelco (www.ravelco.com), otherwise, if you want to just cause a lot of racket, get a vamped up Viper alarm. . .

I've had my ravelco for months now, and have the peace of mind knowing NO ONE can take the car, and if it's flatbedded, they won't EVER get it started. . .now, the stuff inside might get stolen, but at least my $35k is okay. . .
unless they strip it...then your 35K is more like $0K.....
Old Aug 29, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

I had something similar installed from the dealer when I bought my car. It's called starguard -- http://www.alllinesdealerservices.co.../stargard.html
Old Aug 29, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Compustar 2WSS, LoJack and a Glock
Old Aug 29, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

How much?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ungo (Clarion) sr6000 with prox & merc switches, tint, paging key fob, and a supreme lack of ability to correctly operate the contraption. (I've already set my own alarm off several times --- extremely embarassing!)
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Viper 791xv
Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey the ravelco looks pretty intresting. Ive researched it and found that alot of subaru owners use this and even some evo owners use this.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 08:30 AM

clifford matrix 3.5 2way. use it on all my cars.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:52 AM

I had the Compustar 2WSS-AS and I do not like it.. It sucks up an insane amount of battery, and is laggy about responding back and forth... The range is awsome though (1 mile and a quarter), but when your battery is low... it sucks...

I bought the Compustar 2W900FM-AS for my moms civic and I like that one 10x better...
Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by daisaw1219
They now have these new alarms where its all GPS setup. You can call a number, text message, or go online to locate,autostart,monitor,lock/unlock/ignition kill your car at any time. Its like 15 bucks a month. I think its convient becasue when your somewhere that your 2way wont respond you can autostart your car. Also when your car is moved withouth being started it automatically kills the car and calls,email and text you.
Give us a link to these. I haven't found a unit that allows autostart from your phone yet.

Quick Reply: Evo owners What car alarm do you own?