Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Evo owners What car alarm do you own?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boostless
i was thinking about getting this with gps. http://www.al-eds.com/?http://www.al...ity&item=SD900
Here's another and cheaper. http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Scytek_V...ard%208000.htm
Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:57 PM
Yme
Evolved Member

Viper 791XV
Old Sep 4, 2006, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Golovko
do people even pay attention to car alarms anymore? every time i hear one i ignore it and keep walking
+1 Exactly
Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:09 AM

People might not pay attention to another persons alarm, but when my pager goes off... I certain come out running and screaming...
Old Sep 9, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by shivaswrath
if you DON'T want your evo stolen, then I'd get a Ravelco (www.ravelco.com), otherwise, if you want to just cause a lot of racket, get a vamped up Viper alarm. . .

I've had my ravelco for months now, and have the peace of mind knowing NO ONE can take the car, and if it's flatbedded, they won't EVER get it started. . .now, the stuff inside might get stolen, but at least my $35k is okay. . .
I noticed you live near me, where did you have it installed and how much was it? You can PM me if you want! thanx!!
Old Sep 9, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63
I noticed you live near me, where did you have it installed and how much was it? You can PM me if you want! thanx!!
Hey guys, here's the DL with Ravelco:
You need to contact them directly to set up an appt, the installer for our ENTIRE region is Chuck. This guy IS AMAZING, and know's his **** hardcore. Ask Chuck via email to send you the pics of his Evo install in Lewisburg, PA, the job he did for Suneil. Chuck's attention to detail is second to none, and I KID YOU NOT, I don't let ANYONE touch my Evo, ANYONE. . .I do all my installs myself, and haven't even gotten flashed for fear of someone mucking up my car, so it took me a lot to let him do the install, and the product is AMAZING.

It's $349.95, but check with them, and Chuck comes to your home and does the work in your driveway. It takes him 4 hours for Evo's since our electronics system is pretty complicated, and your Evo will never get stolen again.

Chuck's email address is getravelco@comcast.net, their web address for the NJ-MD-PA-DC-VA area is www.carthiefstoppers.com. phone number is 877-NO-BYPASS (877-662-9727).

BTW, I"m just a happy customer, I get nothing out of pumping Chuck and his work.

Suneil
PM for more info. . .
Old Sep 9, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys for all the great responses, but I am still deciding but your input has helped me narrow down the field of what I want.
MYEVOVIII
Old Sep 9, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by shivaswrath
Hey guys, here's the DL with Ravelco:
You need to contact them directly to set up an appt, the installer for our ENTIRE region is Chuck. This guy IS AMAZING, and know's his **** hardcore. Ask Chuck via email to send you the pics of his Evo install in Lewisburg, PA, the job he did for Suneil. Chuck's attention to detail is second to none, and I KID YOU NOT, I don't let ANYONE touch my Evo, ANYONE. . .I do all my installs myself, and haven't even gotten flashed for fear of someone mucking up my car, so it took me a lot to let him do the install, and the product is AMAZING.

It's $349.95, but check with them, and Chuck comes to your home and does the work in your driveway. It takes him 4 hours for Evo's since our electronics system is pretty complicated, and your Evo will never get stolen again.

Chuck's email address is getravelco@comcast.net, their web address for the NJ-MD-PA-DC-VA area is www.carthiefstoppers.com. phone number is 877-NO-BYPASS (877-662-9727).

BTW, I"m just a happy customer, I get nothing out of pumping Chuck and his work.

Suneil
PM for more info. . .
Thank you for the reply...I emailed them and am waiting for a reply!!!
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Scosche Alarm w/ Remote Start and Pager. I forgot the model # but its there top-end model. Its the only one with a turbo timer that automatically activates when you release the key (if you have the turbo timer feature turned on).... This is the only reason I have it (plus it was a gift from one of my buddies that works at scosche)
Old Sep 10, 2006, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

I have had the Viper 791 2 way and the matrix 3.5 clifford. Both of these alarms are almost identical. I hated them. The sensors were not very responsive, the alarm paging system as limited range. If you want remote start on your EVO legaly you can not use either of these products. I have the compustar 2W900FM-AS and I have it. The model aboce this one had a few clitches from what I read so I did not purchase the HighEND of the Compustar line. It has nice remote, you can turn off/on outputs from the remore. One example is the serin. Say ur at ur friends house watching the game and you have to park your car on a busy street. ur alarm keeps going off because of loud exhausts. well you can disable the serin.

The compustar offers some other nice features the viper or clifford does not have. When installing this alarm there are some other nice features that allow for easy programing. I would high recommend this alarm.

There is a GB going on for a new alarm company that is a branch from compustar.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 01:23 PM

viper 791vx
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:39 AM

VIper good stuff

tkc
Old Sep 17, 2006, 07:45 AM

I have lojack with GPS locator, I also had 8 sensors put in the car so if anyone gets close to the car it will go off...
Old Oct 1, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

a train horn, hooked up to ur viper alarm!!!
Old Oct 1, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
K-9 = junk.
edit:came with the car.