Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Laser Deceptor II Laser Jammer Installed! Video inside!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ques.:

Does that laser deceptor also jams the police radars as well or just the laser?

Also could u send me a link for where i can get 1.

Thanx

Oh and Thanx for posting all the testing and stuff
Old Jun 20, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
cool...so, in states where radar detectors are not illegal...this unit will not be destroyed or ticket issued?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

So what happens when a semi-intelligent cop realizes you have a jammer when he can't get a reading during the 1/4 mile he tried? Your pics show your jammer is very visible and in a location most people would look first. Just wondering, as this is the big reason for me not getting one (well in tandem with them being illegal in my state).
Old Jun 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^im also curious about this. This would give a cop probable cause to pull you over and check to see if you have a jammer.
Also, you mention in the video "no front plate" Would the jammer still jam the laser if there was a front plate on the car?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None the less, that setup is sic, and im sure it will pay for itself over and over. Nice work.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

if I remember reading somewhere, radar jammers are highly illegal since they work off of a set frequency that the fcc controls, but laser jammers cannot be controlled by the law as laser is a light wave that no one controls.

thoughts?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

laser jammers legal (in most states I think); but radar jammers are illegal everywhere

the theory behind the jammer is that your initial speed is blocked/jammed, but once you're alerted to the laser you slow down and turn off the jammer so the cop can get a reading without suspicion (at a legal speed)
Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
JTG

Ok I will pipe in. At far distance's like the avg. targeting range between 1,000 +/- to 1,500 +/- (sometimes as far as 2,000 feet), once you are hit and you know you are since the laser deceptor laser jammer does not give false alerts so when it alerts you know your are being targeted and you then slow down to the posted speed limit (if your speeding) and then turn it off. There was a question a few posts up concerning the laser deceptor jamming radar? There are no radar jammers out there on the civilian market that jam police radar. The laser decector on the other hand jam's police laser very well as you can see. There was a question if the laser deceptor would jam police laser if there was a front plate still on? Yes the laser deceptor is powerful enough to handle jamming even if there is a plate on the front or back. The 1st video we shot of NWEvoiii had the front plate on and it jammed my Pro Laser III during that test and when we first met for a demo, I brought my Laser Atlanta laser gun and NWEvoiii was unable to get a ready at anytime.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
cool...so, in states where radar detectors are not illegal...this unit will not be destroyed or ticket issued?
Old Jun 21, 2007, 09:50 AM
JTG

If the system is installed correctly, mainly talking about the jammer head placement some one should not even notice the laser jammer heads and a LEO will not notice the jammer heads as you drive by. Lidar guns are not 100 % because there are certain laser guns that have built in error codes meaning that the officer is doing something wrong. Just because the officer does not get your reading for a few seconds (because you are jamming the officer) it does not raise concern on the officers part.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JTG
If the system is installed correctly, mainly talking about the jammer head placement some one should not even notice the laser jammer heads and a LEO will not notice the jammer heads as you drive by. Lidar guns are not 100 % because there are certain laser guns that have built in error codes meaning that the officer is doing something wrong. Just because the officer does not get your reading for a few seconds (because you are jamming the officer) it does not raise concern on the officers part.
COOL...how much and where to purchase...I' was thinking about the V1 , however, V1 can't do isht about Laser...still a great product though
Old Jun 21, 2007, 02:15 PM
JTG

The V1 is the best when it comes to picking up laser even if the V1 is mounted high on the windshield. The V1 even picks up laser scatter like no other radar/laser detector.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Where can I get this thing and also is the V1 a detector or a JAMMER?
Old Jun 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migueralliart
Where can I get this thing and also is the V1 a detector or a JAMMER?
V1 is a dector...
Old Jun 21, 2007, 03:46 PM

V1 +1

Quick Reply: Laser Deceptor II Laser Jammer Installed! Video inside!