Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Lightweight Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure In The Works!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man that looks good...
Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:47 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys...don't get me wrong...I'm not knocking these guys. It looks like a great product. And it's good to have options. I was just hoping the next sub box design would have been something different to give us other options. Oh well...

And, for the issue of the passenger side mounting and that it interferes with the washer fluid. IMHO it's not really that big of a deal. I mean, how many times a year do we fill that thing? If it's only taking out a couple bolts and filling the fluid and then not doing it again for another year or so. But, I can see how that would be an issue for some folks.

I'm not worried about the rear strut bar...not planning to run with one. So, installing behind the rear seat is an option for me. Which is what my plan is. I'll just have to get a box custom made. I'll have mine installed directly behind the seat. 10W7 firing towards the rear. Amp rack built into the box to hold a JL 300/4 and 500/1.

MConsoliA4 and Audio Integrations...if you're willing to work with me on the sub/amp rack design, let me know. I'd love to get your thoughts and work out a design together.

Once I get all this stuff done (just picked up the components yesterday and waiting for a couple more to arrive this week) I'll take pics of the install and final product. Wish me luck.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:18 PM

Okay, we got one back from our fiberglass shop, put the finishing touches on it and got it ready for a test fit. The customer who's car we built the original from was able to swing by for a second so we could test it's fitment with it's carpet and get a color match.

Everything went well, lines are good and follow the factory trunk liner and the mounting points line up and hold tight. I'd say the carpet is 90% perfect match, the lighting in the shot's isn't the greatest but it's a pretty damn close match.

Our fiberglass shop likes to pull about 3 - 4 parts to average time/costs and we have to put this one through some tests before we can release em, but it looks like next week sometime if all goes well.

Thought I'd post some quick pics to give ya guys an idea, the back is sprayed in Cascade Audio VB-1 (dampening spray), screw down terminal connections (accepts banana plugs) and we have some recessed ribs to add some strength to the flater bottom.

We'll post a thread up in the Vendor For Sale Section as soon as their ready to go, please direct all sale questions there.

The Pics!! - Inside the car

And a couple outside

Let us know what ya think!

Thanks - Todd

www.audiointegrations.net
Old Jul 12, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! Great work!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:02 AM
EvoM Community Team

Looks very high quality. Nice work! Question...what's the mounting depth maximum? That way we'll know which subs will/won't fit. Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Looks really nice with the VB-1 on it.

I can't wait to know the depth and cu. ft of airspace on this.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't say enough about the quality of those guys work, I owned a perfect fit enclosure for my subaru and it was an amazing piece. Good work guys!
Old Jul 13, 2007, 05:06 PM

looks nice, need to know volume and capable mounting depth of sub
Old Jul 13, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

damn if i didnt have meth on that side i would buy one of these.... hey how bout you guys make one for the pass side.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow, if that thing is sturdy enough to take a w7, and larger than a cubic foot Ill buy it ASAP. Great work!!

Please PM me the details to 32817 when you get the info!

Thanks!!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Audio Integrations
We'll post a thread up in the Vendor For Sale Section as soon as their ready to go, please direct all sale questions there.
When they are ready, please post a link from this thread to the sales thread.
Looks good!
Interested to see what the price will be?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:45 PM

Okay guys, just a little update -

We have the enclosures for sale now in the Evo Vendor 'For Sale' Classifieds under the "Evo 'For Sale' Electronics / Lighting / Audio" section, please refer all sales questions there.

You'll also find further details and the enclosure's specs there. Please PM if you have any questions. We'll be updating the site with some new pics here shortly.

Thanks - Todd
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:46 PM

Oops, posted twice.

Last edited by Audio Integrations; Jul 19, 2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:40 PM
EvoM Community Team

Great sub enclosure!!!

I wanted to post a quick review of this enclosure now that I've had it installed for a little over a week.

1) Todd and the guys at Audio Integrations are very knowledgable. I was originally skeptical of this enclosure (as you can see in some of my posts above), but after talking with them figured I would give it a shot. I had nothing to lose since they say it has a 30-day return policy.

2) The enclosure build quality is top notch. The fiberglass is rock solid and 1/4" - 3/8" thick all around...which is thick for fiberglass. Carpet is a perfect match to our trunk. The trim ring is a nice touch.

3) I installed a JL Audio 12W6 and it fits perfectly in this box and is the right amount of air space. The bass is deep and tight. Exactly how a 12W6 should sound in a proper enclosure.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this enclosure.

Here are a few pics...

Old Aug 7, 2007, 09:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow that came out AWESOME.

Quick Reply: Lightweight Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure In The Works!