Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Front Bumper Swap.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front Bumper Swap.

Hello All,
This is my first ever post/thread so If its "so" wrong, I am deeply sorry. I just have a body question... I unfortunately crashed my 05' Evo 8 yesterday while practicing some powersliding in the rain. I went right into a excavator that was sticking out in the road... so since I have to replace my hood, front bumper, and drivers-side quarter panel I was thinking of getting the Evo 9 Front bumper, but before I get it, I want to make sure everything will fit. So theres the question, "will a evo 9 stock bumper fit onto an evo 8?" I need to tell the body shop what to do soon, so a quick answer would be awsome . As far as I can tell from pictures, there doesnt seem to be any difference (same headlights, same fender angles) but i thought id ask the pros here on EvoM.net . . . Thanks guys

Learning the hard way,

E rok

oh ya, and im def. getting a carbon fiber hood...I like the Seibon TSII . . . any suggestions on others you like is cool too! thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

I know this isn't helpful but what tires were you on?

For what it's worth I know the evo 8 -> 9 bumper conversion has been done and have seen users that have done it on here... but I don't remember any details about it, good luck.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it fits
Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Evo9 bumper will fit on the Evo8. I had to do the same thing. I bought the bumper for around 750 or so, already painted and with the lip.

The problem is this: you need to buy all new mesh grills (not one grill on the 8 fits the 9), you have to buy all the mounting hardware (screws, clips etc), and some random bars/brackets. I think I had to spend close to 900 - 1100 on additional pieces (including a new undertray - mine was busted up from my 8).

I did end up fabbing on support out of the one from my 8. I got fed up going back and forth to the dealership everytime I needed a part.

Be prepared to spend some extra cash to get it to look 100% factory.

Hope this helps.