Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Alpine cda9883 install help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine cda9883 install help

I have the alpine cda9883. I have searched but still do not understand the harness thing. What will i have to buy so i do not have to splice wires up. What do i buy so i can just plug it in?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:46 AM

Just go into BestBuy or Circuit City and say you need an 06 Lancer harness adapter. If you search around on the site, you can find exactly what it's called if you're worried whether they gave you the right one. You might get a wiring kit while you're there too that has those little plastic caps to hold the wires tight after you twist them together (unless you plan to solder).

Basically, you wire the harness leads to the new stereo leads, matching up the wires as listed in the stereo manual and the harness adapter package. Then you can just unclip the factory stereo and clip the new harness adapter directly in without trashing the factory harness in the car.

It's a really simple procedure--the trickiest part is prying the plastic bezel off. Once that's off there's literally 4 screws holding the stereo in.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

thanks