Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

help with electrcal problem!?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
help with electrcal problem!?

I have an 04 with SSL . I got an pioneer headunit and i also got both cables (MITAH,power).
Well my problem is that when i turn the lights on, the lights on passenger side of the car (not the HID's) shut off as well as my interior lights (not the dash).

So i find a blown fuse in the engine bay that corresponds to the passenger ligths....so i replace the fuse and .....the fuse blows again!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have a dead short somewhere. Did you hook up the orange wire(Illumination) behind the radio? If so make sure its not touching ground, or simply cut it and tape it off.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah there is def. short somewhere. If this started to happen after you install the headunit i would look into those wires. Also as YtDiamond05 said tape of the wire that you see that is exposed.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

cut and tape off both orange wires for radio (one is illumination/ one is dimmer)- that is if you have both. no one uses them anyway!!! they could be the opposite polarity causing this issue to happen. The reason why one side is only going out is because mitsu wires so that everything with the lights is independent from L to R.