Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2007, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Starter

Hi everyone, new EVO owner and this forums too, i want to install an alarm system with a remote starter, do i have to bypass the immobilzier, have someone have remote starter in an EVO? Some advice how to make it work, the alarm system is a viper 791xv.

Thnx
Old Oct 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

for my compustar i had to have another key made in order for the remote start to work. that extra key stays down under for it to work or else the starter just turns and turns but wont start
Old Oct 13, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Not smart to do remote start on a manual. Hopefully you never remote start it in gear. Heard alot of those stories.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
Account Disabled

go with a compustar system, it has safetys to keep you from starting in gear. You will need a key programed to your system. However do not have the key cut, leave it blank and put it in the imobilizer bypass box. This way if a theif breaks into your car, he doesn't have a full copy of your key to make it easy
Old Oct 15, 2007, 09:22 AM

Thanx for the replies, i think i will not have problem with starting in gear because i have a turbo timer, i have to leave it always in Neutral to keep the engine running.
About the imobilizer, Can i remove it , eliminate it or bypass it?, have anyone done that?

Thnx