Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

kenwood DNX7100 or AVIC D3

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenwood DNX7100 or AVIC D3

I wabt to put in a double din unit (providibg i can still get hold of an orbital kit) everyone seems to go with the AVIC, I was just curious if any one has the kenwood DNX 7100 or if it will fit using the orbital kit. the only bad reviews it got were how hard it was to use at first.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GmJpUS4...x?i=113DNX7100
Old Oct 25, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

either one is good and will work....pioneer may seem to be a little more user friendly but i like the kenwood because it will play any type of DVD and CD
Old Oct 25, 2007, 01:40 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Pioneer unit has a DVD for navigation. So, if you want to play a CD and use Navi at the same time, it's a little bit of a hassle. But, not much. If you're going to use an iPod, than this won't even matter. This will fit flush in the Orbital kit.

The Kenwood has a great Garmin navi system. Easy to use. Overall, the system take a little getting used to...but not more than the Pioneer. You can play a CD with this and use Navi at the same time without having to remove a navi DVD. A cool feature of this Kenwood, is when you are using your iPod it shows the album artwork on the screen. This will fit in the Orbital kit. Although, the face of this unit will stick out about 1/4" (it's just the way the Kenwood double din units are designed).

Just depends on what is important to you. Both are great units and will sound pretty much the same.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

thanks alot guys.
i know the orbital kit is on back order but hopefully they still have some left
Old Oct 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up Dnx7100 FTW

The DNX7100 is so easy to use after the 1st day or two. The Navi is fast, quick responding and accurate. I really love it!!! I use it all the time and to update the maps, just order the SD card from Garmin and then your done!!! I got mines with a rear cam also and I love it's ease to use!!!
Old Oct 25, 2007, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

The DNX7100 is so easy to use after the 1st day or two. The Navi is fast, quick responding and accurate. I really love it!!! I use it all the time and to update the maps, just order the SD card from Garmin and then your done!!! I got mines with a rear cam also and I love it's ease to use!!! [/QUOTE]

thanks, that was what iwas looking for. id like to get the rear cam and bluetooth too
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by LilRico

The DNX7100 is so easy to use after the 1st day or two. The Navi is fast, quick responding and accurate. I really love it!!! I use it all the time and to update the maps, just order the SD card from Garmin and then your done!!! I got mines with a rear cam also and I love it's ease to use!!!
That looks nice a$$ hell is it hard to move all the stuff around?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by offthecha1n
thanks, that was what iwas looking for. id like to get the rear cam and bluetooth too
It's well worth it. If you have an ipod, I would buy that accessory as well, but I myself don't have one, so I just use a 4 gig thumb drive and use the USB port it comes with to listen to plenty of music

Originally Posted by SneezyIX
That looks nice a$$ hell is it hard to move all the stuff around?
If you're referring to the Orbital kit install... No not really... I did it in an hour or so, but that's taking my time making sure the wires and everything were perfectly in place. Then running the camera to the back took the longest time, but it was really a breeze...
Old Oct 26, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

what did you pay for is if you mind me asking, I saw some for around $850-950+ the camera and bluetooth add ons seem to be another $200 option each
Old Oct 26, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

$900 something from the DNX7100, $150 for the cam... I bought it new looking through EBAY
Old Oct 27, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

that is really sweet looking
Old Oct 28, 2007, 03:21 PM

Nice setup.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hytek369
that is really sweet looking
Originally Posted by neogenesis
Nice setup.
Thanks guys, I wish I had updated photo's
Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

I have the kenwood dnx7100 also but yet to find an orbital kit... 201 motorsports carries them but they dont' have them in stock... the navigation should be faster than a dvd based navi...
Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

It's well worth it. If you have an ipod, I would buy that accessory as well, but I myself don't have one, so I just use a 4 gig thumb drive and use the USB port it comes with to listen to plenty of music

If you're referring to the Orbital kit install... No not really... I did it in an hour or so, but that's taking my time making sure the wires and everything were perfectly in place. Then running the camera to the back took the longest time, but it was really a breeze...
where did you mount the rear view cam?