Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

double DIN

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
double DIN

do you need custom work to install a doudble din deck on a IX?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There are 2 kits that I know of. The Orbital kit (search). I have on and Im prettyh happy with it, but install was a %@#$$%!
(pic)

Also I hear theres a "JDM" one, I know I have seen it on some generic parts websites. I think the orbital one might have stopped production though, so the "JDM" one (if its really JDM who knows) might be your only bet short of getting one custom made.

-oh, wait I read a thread that orbital was revamping their design or something, Im sure you can find that thread, it was recent in the last 15 days or so. I think the user is rich@orbital.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=315268
Here you go. Glad to see they are going to be making these still. One of the biggest improvements to our interior IMO
Old Dec 29, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

I've seen the Orbital kit and was wondering... it only looks like 2 pieces of plastic, whats the big deal witht that kit? It does look REALLY nice though and I'm looking to get one but arent there any other companies that make a kit like that?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

it's also an A/C conversion (puts A/C in cubby hole)
Old Dec 30, 2007, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by veilside prius
I've seen the Orbital kit and was wondering... it only looks like 2 pieces of plastic, whats the big deal witht that kit? It does look REALLY nice though and I'm looking to get one but arent there any other companies that make a kit like that?
I thought the same, but took some good amount of R&D, fitment is pretty decent. It's either that or custom........