Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

CD stuck

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD stuck

LOL i don't know if this is ADVANCED enough for the advanced forum but my CD is stuck in my CD player. It is not stock (Clarion headunit). The CD player part has always been a beotch when trying to eject CDs. It used to make loud clicking noises everytime you try to eject. Then it started not ejecting for a couple tries. You click eject and it would try a couple times and then give up, if repeated a bunch it would eventually spit it out.

Now it doesn't eject at all. The face is still good. Should I just get a new cd player backing and put the headunit on (CD in there sux anyway) or is there an easy way to fix this?????
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

there should be a master reset button on the back or side of the deck, what model number is it? the whole is the size of a tip of a pen.

your best bet is to upgrade to a completely new unit and ditch everything from this set up as it seems to be giving you problems for quite some time now. no point in buying replacement parts for a deck.

try and buy another clarion so the harness's are plug and play.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:29 AM

TY for the advice. Imma check for that master reset button. Now would it be on the back of the faceplate, or would I have to yank out the whole unit?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

check for a online pdf manual of your exact cd player (availible @ clarions homepage) and it will tell you exactly what to do.