Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Started My Stereo Install Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Started My Stereo Install Yesterday

I decided to put a nice stereo in my car to compliment what it already is. I don't drive the car much at all just over other weekend and a occassional trip to the store. I plan on keeping in for a very long time cause at the rate I am going it will be 5 years old and still new. I thought I would make a thread with pics and update my progress over the next week or so cause I know these type of threads helped me out when decide what and how I was going to do. So here what I got:

2006 GG Evo IX MR 9k miles
Tanabe Concept G Blue TBE
Works Drop in and P2 Flash
Optima Red Top

Audio Stuff

Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT
Boston Acoustics P60 6 1/2 in Components-Front
Boston Acoustics SL65 6 1/2 in Coxials-Rear
Dynamat Extreme, Dynaliner, Dynaxorb for deadening
Rockford Fosgate T400-4-Power the front a rear speakers
Rockford Fosgate T400-2-For the sub
Audio Ingretions enclosure and for the Sub I beleive I am going to go with the Boston G512 haven't ordered it yet
And a bunch of wire and other cables

I have the luxury of have lots of down time on the car and a garage so I wanted to do this right and take my time. On to some pics

Removed everything out of the car to lay down the Dynamat

The Wife thinks a must have losted it here are the parts about the house but she just doesn't understand

This is actually the kids pay room

And look what I got for 60 bucks from autozone

And finally my interior on a shelf

I am making the speaker baffles and will update when I get that completed.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds very similiar to what I am doing. Have all the parts -- just not the free time yet. Where are you mounting the amps?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

I would be curious to hear how much Dynamat Extreme you end up using. I have one of the bulk boxes like you have in the bottom pic and am curious if it is enough.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

I got the bulk pack 36 sq ft and a door kit 12 sq ft from what you see in the picture I still have 3 sheets left from the bulk kit. I am going to finish up the rear seat area were the fuel pump is a I probably have enough for the rear deck too. I don't know if I am doing the trunk just yet if so I will buy a truck kit off of ebay. It is surprise how much they try to sell this stuff to you for retail. As for the amps I am mounting them in the trunk on 1/2 in mdf across the back of the seat area in the trunk.