Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Fuse Box Diagram

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Fuse Box Diagram

Hi,
so my passenger tail light and the AC/heater knobs/switches leds are not working, and iam guessing its probably one of the fuses went off, and i was wondering if anyone knows which one it is and/or someone has a fuse diagram that identifies what each one is.
Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under your hood. Probably one of the fuses surrounded by the yellow box (youll see what i mean when you open the fuse cover) Did you put in a cd player recently?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sikrsix
Under your hood. Probably one of the fuses surrounded by the yellow box (youll see what i mean when you open the fuse cover) Did you put in a cd player recently?
I took off the cover off the fuse box and i found two yellow boxes, one that had a clear cover on it that says 80A on it, and one was sort of hallow and had two red 10M fuses. which ones are u reffering to?

with regards to the CD player, i did have an after market one and i changed it to a different one almost a month, however i just recently took my car to the dealer to swap the TC and when i got it back i noticed that the passenger tail light was out, even tho the yellow signal is working fine and the AC/Heater knobs leds are off. so what do u think the cause is?
Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

anyother thoughts>
thanks
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor

Owners manual has a better diagram. Also check your drivers side kick panel. Pull it off, look for any corrosion on the wires or the white plug. If so fix asap.

If no fuses are blown, then you may have bigger issues. Lastly did you check to see if the bulbs are blown. Cause if the hvac lights dont work, then neither will the acd, dimmer, etc. lights. Same goes for the tails.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Curt@MrLed
Owners manual has a better diagram. Also check your drivers side kick panel. Pull it off, look for any corrosion on the wires or the white plug. If so fix asap.

If no fuses are blown, then you may have bigger issues. Lastly did you check to see if the bulbs are blown. Cause if the hvac lights dont work, then neither will the acd, dimmer, etc. lights. Same goes for the tails.
speaking of the lights dimmer, when i bought the car, that thing never worked and the dealer refused to work on it since i had an aftermarket cd player, but then teh hvac lights and tails were fine. so i will double check all the items u mentioned and see how it goes.
Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

oh one more thing, unfortunately i don;t have the owners manual, and i know there are two fuse boxes, one in teh engine bay and one by the steering column, which of those boxes would be the one that has the fuses for my lights?
Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

The smaller yellow boxed in fuses (10a) When I installed my cd player and a week later my hvac lights were out. Then noticed my whole passenger side was out. (Running lights front and rear plus hvac) What happened to me is the "dimmer" wire from my cd player (orange wire) had 1 strand of wire sticking out just enough that it made its way to the bare metal parts and grounded itself out, Hence a blown fuse.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

The smaller yellow boxed in fuses (10a) When I installed my cd player and a week later my hvac lights were out. Then noticed my whole passenger side was out. (Running lights front and rear plus hvac) What happened to me is the "dimmer" wire from my cd player (orange wire) had 1 strand of wire sticking out just enough that it made its way to the bare metal parts and grounded itself out, Hence a blown fuse.
this shoudl really put me in the right dierction to figure it out.
thanks
Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

ur da maaaaan! thanks! i did check the fuses and yes that one u mentioned was blowned and i had an orange wire touching the metal. taped it, changed the fuse and everything is working well.

but since we are on this topic, my cluster dimmer switch doesn't work, do u have any idea what could be wrong? i mean when u put ur fingeron that roller, and roll it up or down nothing happens. anythoughts?
Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Glad I fixed your problem! Always nice to out of 1,000+ posts this is the 5th useful thing i've said.

Your new problem could be just a loose connection. Its late and im tired, so this is all you get from me.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Glad I fixed your problem! Always nice to out of 1,000+ posts this is the 5th useful thing i've said.

Your new problem could be just a loose connection. Its late and im tired, so this is all you get from me.
haha thanks man.
btw on the yellow box fuse thing, how do u pull that thing out? iam talking about the one wit hthe 2 10A fuses.
Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

The yellow surround raises up like an inch, then you grab needle nose pliers and pull out the fuse. When putting a new fuse back in, hold the yellow with your hands so it wont get pressed down. Once the new fuse is in, push the yellow down to lock them in. I have no idea why mitsu added the yellow surround, seems more like a nuisance than anything.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

The yellow surround raises up like an inch, then you grab needle nose pliers and pull out the fuse. When putting a new fuse back in, hold the yellow with your hands so it wont get pressed down. Once the new fuse is in, push the yellow down to lock them in. I have no idea why mitsu added the yellow surround, seems more like a nuisance than anything.
what are those fuses inside that yellow box really for?
Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Left side and right side parking lights. Its tied in to your dash lights as well, since when you turn your lights from "off" to "parking lights", your dash lights come on too.

Quick Reply: Fuse Box Diagram