Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Alpine cde-103bt bluetooth headunit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine cde-103bt bluetooth headunit

I am looking to upgrade my existing Alpine headunit. I like the new cde 103bt, b/c it has USB input, bluetooth built in and ipod ready features.

anyone has this headunit?

Does the bluetooth work well with your phone?

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:58 AM

Ill be getting this same Deck next month from Crutchfields. If you go look at it on the site there are numerous reviews which is what I used to make my deciding factor.
Matter of fact here is the link, just scroll down to customer reviews and hit the view all button.
http://signature.crutchfield.com/S-L....html?tp=27783
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:58 AM

I went ahead and just purchased the HU out of fear the price may go up. It will be a month or two before i can install it as Im still deployed, but ill give my own review when that time comes. total came to 229.00 shipped along with the adapter harness for a lancer.
Old May 24, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the info, anyone else?
Old May 25, 2010, 09:30 PM

Bought this headunit from one of Amazon's retailers for $190 shipped. Its 100x better than the stock radio for sure. Super easy to install and the bluetooth works seamlessly with my iPhone. I was impressed with the clarity of the call and the people I was talking with didn't even know I was using the headunit to call. It pairs me up automatically whenever I turn on the car which is pretty convenient. The interface with the ipod cable is alright but sometimes its faster to select songs if I just use the aux cable instead. overall its a pretty good unit.
Old May 26, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Jojamn!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

anyone else has it?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:13 PM

I am an installer for Best Buy. We have it on display and I sync people's phones to it all the time without too many issues. Occassionally we get the one non-techno family with an old phone and it'll have problems. From what my customers tell me, I've only had a few people not happy with it.
Old May 28, 2011, 04:00 PM

Bringing up an old thread but figured I'd add to it. I just ordered the Alpine cde 103-bt headunit from Cruthfield. Side note, retailmenot saved me $20 just by checking that and getting a coupon code. I will try to get some pics when I get it installed.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by drewbird91
Bringing up an old thread but figured I'd add to it. I just ordered the Alpine cde 103-bt headunit from Cruthfield. Side note, retailmenot saved me $20 just by checking that and getting a coupon code. I will try to get some pics when I get it installed.
thanks man, looking forward to the pictures and review!~
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

btw thanks for the coupon code!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:04 PM

Here is a picture of the alpine cde-103bt installed in the radio relocation kit and colors changed to amber. Installation wasn't bad. It sticks out a 1/4-1/2" further than the stock headunit.

I got the cable 433iv that connects to the back of the headunit and connects to the ipod (got off ebay) and its a little harder to navigate to a song because you have to go through the headunit. If you have an auxiliary cable you can use the ipod, but then it doesn't charge. I think it will just take a bit of getting use to. Same goes for the blue tooth, I haven't figured out all the calling and such. I mounted the mic above the steering wheel and that seems to work well. I still need to fine tune the bass settings and such, but I had the SSL and it still pounds (at least according to my standards). Overall I'm satisfied with it just need to mess with it more (obviously not while driving).

Now I just need to switch my car alarm led to an amber one so everything is that color. But that's not blinking when the gauges are on so I guess that doesn't matter.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have this one also. It rocks face. It matches the interior very nicely and made the stock sound system sound a whole lot better. The bluetooth hands free is very nice as well, its not just a gimmick.

I'd definitely recommend it!!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Here is a picture of the alpine cde-103bt installed in the radio relocation kit and colors changed to amber. Installation wasn't bad. It sticks out a 1/4-1/2" further than the stock headunit.

I got the cable 433iv that connects to the back of the headunit and connects to the ipod (got off ebay) and its a little harder to navigate to a song because you have to go through the headunit. If you have an auxiliary cable you can use the ipod, but then it doesn't charge. I think it will just take a bit of getting use to. Same goes for the blue tooth, I haven't figured out all the calling and such. I mounted the mic above the steering wheel and that seems to work well. I still need to fine tune the bass settings and such, but I had the SSL and it still pounds (at least according to my standards). Overall I'm satisfied with it just need to mess with it more (obviously not while driving).

Now I just need to switch my car alarm led to an amber one so everything is that color. But that's not blinking when the gauges are on so I guess that doesn't matter.
Are you using the stock amp or the radio for the speakers?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:06 PM

I have the ssl package and got the cable to hook up the sub from crutchfield. Is that what your are referring to eric06ix? I have the stock speakers.

Quick Reply: Alpine cde-103bt bluetooth headunit