Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

radio cuts out.. help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radio cuts out.. help!

i installed my double din yesterday. ive installed many many radios in my time, and i always use the proper connectors, heating, etc. however every once in a while my radio will cut out and the screen goes blank. ive come to realize this is only when the headlights/auxilliary lights are on. the car was previously modded, and behind the radio area was a wiring mess, even hot glue holding thr gauges in place . ive since cleaned everything up and trying to figure this out. is it possible something is shorting, or is it something wired to the lighting? ive also noted 2 box things attached to the red yellow and black factory radio wiring harness. is this normal ??(never seen before on any other cars). im digging into it tomorrow moring but any info before hand would be great.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nevermind, previous owner had so much stuff wired up to nothing, the car couldnt put out enough to power everything.