Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.
View Poll Results: Which HID ballast failed for you?
Left
100.00%
Right
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

HID ballast failure survey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HID ballast failure survey

Had my right side ballast fail on me recently on the E7 ... now I know it's old (9 years) considering the amount of use... but doing the couple searches I did I come up with some people asking for the right side ballast. as well.

I beginning to wonder if somehow because of the proximity o the engine and oil cooler etc is having a long term adverse effect on the ballast itself...

So maybe all who have had HID issues with the ballast, could you state which side went for you first...
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(crickets) wow...

Anyway, had the opportunity to open up the failed one I had and surprising enough... it had water in it. Possibly from when my light had condensation but checking the upper level where the wires connected was dry with no trace of water.

What I did notice though was that the connector for the wiring on the side of the ballast was prone to getting wet in a heavy rainstorn... (the right side headlamp) but there isn't any sort of sealant around the plastic connector area... perhaps this could play a role.