Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Review:Sony Xplode CDX-GT700HD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review:Sony Xplode CDX-GT700HD

Recently I had a friend who was looking for a radio with an aux, USB, and that was HD radio ready. My company recently picked up the Sony Mobile Audio line in our warehouse. I know before anyone tears me apart on it that Wal-Mart carries Sony, I know this but I have been testing an reading up on some of there products and I must say that they are performing well. Out of the 150+ decks that I have sold, I received one that was "defective" and I powered it up and the installer didnt know that it was in demo mode. Anyways I found the perfect radio for my friend. The CDX-GT700HD, this radio had everything my friend wanted plus more. This is an AM/FM radio with a CD receiver and built in HD radio (no extra wiring, parts, etc), front aux, front usb, sat radio ready also has a choice of blue and green backlights. Some of the specs on the radio are that its a 52x4 and also has 3 pre-outs and also includes a remote. This radio also includes Zappin. Zappin is a program that plays music clips of your favorite tunes for better selecting. After installing the radio we must say that we were impressed with it. The hd radio sounds great, its not difficult to navigate through the different options just a great all around radio. I will keep you updated if there are any changes with the radio and how reliable it is if my friends reports it to me. Hope this little review helps for anyone looking for an HD radio. Thanks everyone.

-Justin